Re: questions

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hello!
      You have asked many interesting questions, and I hope that we get many
      answers, but I wonder what you think about the questions you have
      raised. Also, I have been unable to send you the URL for the sample
      issue of The Inner Traveler that you have requested. The email bounced
      back. Here is the URL:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
      I hope you enjoy it!
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose

      venkataraman M <mvr6482@y...> wrote:
      > namaste to all
      > Can somebody clarify the following?
      > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
      > what are the indicators?
      > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
      > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
      spiritual angle?
      > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
      > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
      leaving spirituality.
      > thanks for the answers in anticipation?
      >
      > M venkataraman
      >

      > =====
      > M Venkataraman
      > kalpakkam

      __
      > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
      Free!!
      > visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
    • riverjohn777
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
        BAROMETER OF SPIRITUAL PROGRESS
        By

        SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
        Here is an infallible barometer to find out the degree of your
        spiritual progress. How would you feel, if:

        Your clean hands or best clothes are stained.
        You stumbled down or commit a blunder and are laughed at.
        You are hurt accidentally or stung by an insect or scorpion.
        You suffer from illness or pain.
        You do not succeed in your efforts.
        You do not get a thing that you want, or find that some thing you
        possess is missing.
        You are kept waiting for a long time by some other person.
        You are insulted or abused for no reason.
        Others fail in their duties towards you.
        You suffer a loss or bereavement.
        If none of these can disturb your peace of mind and you are
        indifferent to them, you have won the struggle and achieved 50% self
        control. God sends trials and troubles to strengthen your character:
        Greet them and test yourself.

        Swami Sivananda

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., venkataraman M <mvr6482@y...>
        wrote:
        > namaste to all
        > Can somebody clarify the following?
        > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
        > what are the indicators?
        > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
        > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
        spiritual angle?
        > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
        > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
        leaving spirituality.
        > thanks for the answers in anticipation?
        >
        > M venkataraman
        >

        > =====
        > M Venkataraman
        > kalpakkam

        __
        > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
        Free!!
        > visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
      • eveneon
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
          wrote:
          > namaste to all
          > Can somebody clarify the following?
          > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?

          What people? I would just ask that question about yourself. And only
          you can figure out the answer.

          > what are the indicators?

          I would say greater peace of mind. And greater awareness of yourself.

          > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?

          Only you know what you need to improve on. Maybe it's nothing, just
          accepting how you are.

          > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
          spiritual angle?

          This one I can't answer.

          > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?

          Perhaps it's just that as you become more spiritually inclined, you
          just notice it more when other people aren't friendly.

          > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
          leaving spirituality.

          Again I would say that you have to figure that out for yourself. It's
          not the same for everyone.

          > thanks for the answers in anticipation?

          They are good questions. Good luck finding your answers.

          Eve