questions

  • venkataraman M
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      namaste to all
      Can somebody clarify the following?
      How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
      what are the indicators?
      How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
      How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the spiritual angle?
      why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
      How to be more successful in the physical / material world without leaving spirituality.
      thanks for the answers in anticipation?

      M venkataraman

      =====
      M Venkataraman
      kalpakkam

      Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
      visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
        Hello!
        You have asked many interesting questions, and I hope that we get many
        answers, but I wonder what you think about the questions you have
        raised. Also, I have been unable to send you the URL for the sample
        issue of The Inner Traveler that you have requested. The email bounced
        back. Here is the URL:
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
        I hope you enjoy it!
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose

        venkataraman M <mvr6482@y...> wrote:
        > namaste to all
        > Can somebody clarify the following?
        > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
        > what are the indicators?
        > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
        > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
        spiritual angle?
        > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
        > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
        leaving spirituality.
        > thanks for the answers in anticipation?
        >
        > M venkataraman
        >

        > =====
        > M Venkataraman
        > kalpakkam

        __
        > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
        Free!!
        > visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
      • riverjohn777
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
          BAROMETER OF SPIRITUAL PROGRESS
          By

          SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
          Here is an infallible barometer to find out the degree of your
          spiritual progress. How would you feel, if:

          Your clean hands or best clothes are stained.
          You stumbled down or commit a blunder and are laughed at.
          You are hurt accidentally or stung by an insect or scorpion.
          You suffer from illness or pain.
          You do not succeed in your efforts.
          You do not get a thing that you want, or find that some thing you
          possess is missing.
          You are kept waiting for a long time by some other person.
          You are insulted or abused for no reason.
          Others fail in their duties towards you.
          You suffer a loss or bereavement.
          If none of these can disturb your peace of mind and you are
          indifferent to them, you have won the struggle and achieved 50% self
          control. God sends trials and troubles to strengthen your character:
          Greet them and test yourself.

          Swami Sivananda

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., venkataraman M <mvr6482@y...>
          wrote:
          > namaste to all
          > Can somebody clarify the following?
          > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
          > what are the indicators?
          > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
          > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
          spiritual angle?
          > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
          > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
          leaving spirituality.
          > thanks for the answers in anticipation?
          >
          > M venkataraman
          >

          > =====
          > M Venkataraman
          > kalpakkam

          __
          > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
          Free!!
          > visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
        • eveneon
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
            wrote:
            > namaste to all
            > Can somebody clarify the following?
            > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?

            What people? I would just ask that question about yourself. And only
            you can figure out the answer.

            > what are the indicators?

            I would say greater peace of mind. And greater awareness of yourself.

            > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?

            Only you know what you need to improve on. Maybe it's nothing, just
            accepting how you are.

            > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
            spiritual angle?

            This one I can't answer.

            > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?

            Perhaps it's just that as you become more spiritually inclined, you
            just notice it more when other people aren't friendly.

            > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
            leaving spirituality.

            Again I would say that you have to figure that out for yourself. It's
            not the same for everyone.

            > thanks for the answers in anticipation?

            They are good questions. Good luck finding your answers.

            Eve