Re: How I am everthing

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
      <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Bobby,
      >
      > You say a tree is a tree to you. Do you say that consciousness is
      > consciousness because of you, or is it that there is consciousness
      > in order for you to be recognized?
      >
      > love,
      > maria luisa

      Hi Maria Luisa:

      Neither.

      If I am a person, then consciousness recognizes that 'me' as an
      object by taking the form of the qualities of that person. That gives
      the person "I" perameters, or limitations. If I am to be everything
      I must be the consciousness that becomes any form.

      But you are right to point out that I changed referents for 'me'. At
      first I refered to myself as a person that sees things from the
      perspective of a human being. And then later I refer to myself as
      consciousness that has no attributes. Please forgive me, I am sorry
      for the confusion, I saw no other way to talk about it. The small me
      takes part in the drama, but the its source is consciousness which is
      the universal "I" (Brahman).

      Unlike the tree which has limited potential, I as consciousness am
      unlimited and become the parts when they are illuminated, or the
      whole when I am illuminated.

      Love
      Bobby G.