How I am everthing

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
      How I am everything

      The tree is a tree to me.
      The house is a house to me.

      The tree is a home to the bird and
      the house is just a smelly place.

      The sky does not have the potential to become
      a tree, or the bird to become a horse.

      The essence of potential is that it has no current existence. It
      lies in wait to become whatever its potential is. A tree becomes a
      shade to me and a home to a bird but it cannot become the sky. Water
      can become ice or vapor but not diamond.

      The attributes given to parts of the whole can only take place with
      consciousness. The mind forms a shape for an item to describe its
      use and consciousness takes that shape to make it seem real so the
      life form can participate up to its potential.

      The intense beauty of individual consciousness is that it has no
      limitation. It is not a part of the whole because it is not limited
      by attributes. I am said to be everything because I am nothing in
      particular, that is, I have the potential to be anything so I must be
      without attributes. Indeed, anything must be first formed by
      consciousness to be said to have potential at all.

      I am said to be everything because I am consciousness

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
        Hello Bobby,

        You say a tree is a tree to you. Do you say that consciousness is
        consciousness because of you, or is it that there is consciousness
        in order for you to be recognized?

        love,
        maria luisa

        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > How I am everything
        >
        > The tree is a tree to me.
        > The house is a house to me.
        >
        > The tree is a home to the bird and
        > the house is just a smelly place.
        >
        > The sky does not have the potential to become
        > a tree, or the bird to become a horse.
        >
        > The essence of potential is that it has no current existence. It
        > lies in wait to become whatever its potential is. A tree becomes
        > shade to me and a home to a bird but it cannot become the sky.
        Water
        > can become ice or vapor but not diamond.
        >
        > The attributes given to parts of the whole can only take place
        with
        > consciousness. The mind forms a shape for an item to describe its
        > use and consciousness takes that shape to make it seem real so the
        > life form can participate up to its potential.
        >
        > The intense beauty of individual consciousness is that it has no
        > limitation. It is not a part of the whole because it is not
        limited
        > by attributes. I am said to be everything because I am nothing in
        > particular, that is, I have the potential to be anything so I must
        be
        > without attributes. Indeed, anything must be first formed by
        > consciousness to be said to have potential at all.
        >
        > I am said to be everything because I am consciousness
        >
        > Love
        > Bobby G.
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
          <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
          > Hello Bobby,
          >
          > You say a tree is a tree to you. Do you say that consciousness is
          > consciousness because of you, or is it that there is consciousness
          > in order for you to be recognized?
          >
          > love,
          > maria luisa

          Hi Maria Luisa:

          Neither.

          If I am a person, then consciousness recognizes that 'me' as an
          object by taking the form of the qualities of that person. That gives
          the person "I" perameters, or limitations. If I am to be everything
          I must be the consciousness that becomes any form.

          But you are right to point out that I changed referents for 'me'. At
          first I refered to myself as a person that sees things from the
          perspective of a human being. And then later I refer to myself as
          consciousness that has no attributes. Please forgive me, I am sorry
          for the confusion, I saw no other way to talk about it. The small me
          takes part in the drama, but the its source is consciousness which is
          the universal "I" (Brahman).

          Unlike the tree which has limited potential, I as consciousness am
          unlimited and become the parts when they are illuminated, or the
          whole when I am illuminated.

          Love
          Bobby G.