vitrine was Re: Karta Fighting Shadows Of The Past

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 12, 2003

      lions killed himself

      Legend has it that the lion statues at
      either end of the bridge have no
      tongues, for the shame of which the
      sculptor drowned himself in the river.

      Built in 1839-49 this was the city's
      first permanent river crossing. Today
      the outline of the Chain Bridge is one
      of the most commonly used symbols of Budapest.The idea of constructing a
      permanent bridge across the Danube in Budapest was developed by Hungary's
      great 19C reformer, Count István
      Széchenyi.

      In 1820 bad weather forced him to
      wait eight days before he could cross
      the river by ferry to attend his
      father's funeral.

      ----

      And the Freedom statue was plan for
      Horthy's the son's gave and it is
      Ishvara Goddess with a palm leaf, the communist just put their ownership
      ower it

      ---

      Empress Maria Theresia was Hungarian
      and a relative to the Bhatory's who
      were the original vampires also in Transilvania the Dracula family

      Karta