Re: Karta Fighting Shadows Of The Past

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 9, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko" <onniko@y...> wrote:
      > <if it would be Halloween that would
      > be the right occasion>
      >
      > What would you dress up as, Karta? You and Devi and I could be the
      > traditional witches, but if we went to a Halloween party for
      > spiritual types,

      I've couple of leggit costumes; from
      the white linen dress with a cone-head turban and a tiny sword

      to all red with beads

      I dunno;

      how does naked; with a rainbow
      colored cape and a palstic halo sound?

      or I could dress up in Hungarian: red
      boots etc

      Karta

      > do you think there would be so many people dressed
      > up as those mirrored balls they hang in ballrooms that the place
      > would heat up like a giant magnifying glass and burn the place down?
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7"
      > <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, asimpjoy
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > Dear Karta,
      > > >
      > > > Ganga is long gone from this site - so perhaps get over it and
      > > > move on! The past, along with your personal interpretation about
      > > > how wrong and deluded others are, and how "right" you percieve
      > > > yourself to be, will afford you nothing.
      > > >
      > > > If you are all you claim yourself to be, why not stop fighting
      > > > shadows, and live in the moment ?
      > > >
      > > > On the other hand, if you have the courage to reconsider your
      > > > possible misconceptions, and encounter the "real thing" - eye to
      > > > eye, why not accept the invitation to Guru Purnima (since you
      > live
      > > > so very close), so you can see, in person, two modern day
      > > > sadgurus - Swamiji and GangaK.
      > > >
      > > > ... As opposed to just words on a computer screen. :-)
      > > >

      > > hi Tony,
      > >
      > > modernday sadgurus!!?? LOL
      > >
      > > I am still not interested to spend
      > > purnima day with you all
      > >
      > > if it would be Halloween that would
      > > be the right occasion
      > >
      > > sorry
      > >
      > > Karta
      > >
      > > > Love,
      > > > Tony
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 9, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko" <onniko@y...> wrote:
        > > <if it would be Halloween that would
        > > be the right occasion>
        > >
        > > What would you dress up as, Karta? You and Devi and I could be the
        > > traditional witches, but if we went to a Halloween party for
        > > spiritual types,
        >

        > I've couple of leggit costumes; from
        > the white linen dress with a cone-head turban and a tiny sword
        >
        > to all red with beads
        >
        > I dunno;
        >
        > how does naked; with a rainbow
        > colored cape and a palstic halo sound?
        >
        > or I could dress up in Hungarian: red
        > boots etc

        OK I know: here is one I have in a glass
        vitrine

        <http://www.balatonclub.hu/clubpictures/kalotaszeginepv.jpg>

        > Karta
        >

        > > do you think there would be so many people dressed
        > > up as those mirrored balls they hang in ballrooms that the place
        > > would heat up like a giant magnifying glass and burn the place down?

      • Onniko
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 9, 2003
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
          <onniko@y...> wrote:
          > > <if it would be Halloween that would
          > > be the right occasion>
          > >
          > > What would you dress up as, Karta? You and Devi and I could be
          the
          > > traditional witches, but if we went to a Halloween party for
          > > spiritual types,
          >

          > I've couple of leggit costumes; from
          > the white linen dress with a cone-head turban and a tiny sword
          >
          > to all red with beads
          >
          > I dunno;

          Those are great costumes. You've got one for every mood. I might
          pass on the naked with rainbow just because when I thought I was in
          the mood to wear it, before I got out the door, I'd feel shy and
          have to run for the all black except for a few silver stripes
          costume :oD!

        • Onniko
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 9, 2003
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7"
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
            <onniko@y...> wrote:
            > > > <if it would be Halloween that would
            > > > be the right occasion>
            > > >
            > > > What would you dress up as, Karta? You and Devi and I could be
            the
            > > > traditional witches, but if we went to a Halloween party for
            > > > spiritual types,
            > >

            > > I've couple of leggit costumes; from
            > > the white linen dress with a cone-head turban and a tiny sword
            > >
            > > to all red with beads
            > >
            > > I dunno;
            > >
            > > how does naked; with a rainbow
            > > colored cape and a palstic halo sound?
            > >
            > > or I could dress up in Hungarian: red
            > > boots etc
            >

            > OK I know: here is one I have in a glass
            > vitrine
            >
            > <http://www.balatonclub.hu/clubpictures/kalotaszeginepv.jpg>

            The picture is small but they looked very nice. Do you really have
            one or both?

            > > Karta
            > >

            > > > do you think there would be so many people dressed
            > > > up as those mirrored balls they hang in ballrooms that the
            place
            > > > would heat up like a giant magnifying glass and burn the place
            down?

          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 9, 2003
              > > > I've couple of leggit costumes; from
              > > > the white linen dress with a cone-head turban and a tiny sword
              > > >
              > > > to all red with beads
              > > >
              > > > I dunno;
              > > >
              > > > how does naked; with a rainbow
              > > > colored cape and a palstic halo sound?
              > > >
              > > > or I could dress up in Hungarian: red
              > > > boots etc
              > >

              > > OK I know: here is one I have in a glass
              > > vitrine
              > >
              > > <http://www.balatonclub.hu/clubpictures/kalotaszeginepv.jpg>
              >

              > The picture is small but they looked very nice. Do you really have
              > one or both?

              I've a woman costume and a vest and
              emroidered bag for a man; it is hard to
              see, but here they are the long black
              thing on the right is the bag

              <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>

              > > > Karta

              > place
              > down?

            • Onniko
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 10, 2003
                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:

                > > > OK I know: here is one I have in a glass
                > > > vitrine
                > > >
                > > > <http://www.balatonclub.hu/clubpictures/kalotaszeginepv.jpg>
                > >

                > > The picture is small but they looked very nice. Do you really
                have
                > > one or both?
                > >

                > I've a woman costume and a vest and
                > emroidered bag for a man; it is hard to
                > see, but here they are the long black
                > thing on the right is the bag

                ***Very nice! Thanks for the picture. Can I make a joke about the
                broom :oD?

                > <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>

                > > place
                > > down?

              • satkartar7
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 10, 2003
                  > > > The picture is small but they looked very nice. Do you really
                  > have
                  > > > one or both?
                  > > >

                  > > I've a woman costume and a vest and
                  > > embroidered bag for a man; it is hard to
                  > > see, but here they are the long black
                  > > thing on the right is the bag
                  >
                  > ***Very nice! Thanks for the picture. Can I make a joke about the
                  > broom :oD?

                  LOL

                  yes, Oniko, <grin> and the unmade bed;
                  furnire was moved when took the pic

                  > > <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>

                • Onniko
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 10, 2003
                    <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                    > > have
                    > > > >

                    > > > I've a woman costume and a vest and
                    > > > embroidered bag for a man; it is hard to
                    > > > see, but here they are the long black
                    > > > thing on the right is the bag
                    > >
                    > > ***Very nice! Thanks for the picture. Can I make a joke about
                    the
                    > > broom :oD?
                    > >

                    > LOL
                    >
                    > yes, Oniko, <grin> and the unmade bed;
                    > furnire was moved when took the pic

                    Oh, the bed looks very nice, not unmade. I didn't know the broom was
                    there to clean with, though. It looks more like the kind that one
                    would take a ride on!

                    > > > <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>

                  • satkartar7
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 10, 2003
                      > > > ***Very nice! Thanks for the picture. Can I make a joke about
                      > the
                      > > > broom :oD?
                      > > >

                      > > LOL
                      > >
                      > > yes, Oniko, <grin> and the unmade bed;
                      > > furnire was moved when took the pic
                      >

                      > Oh, the bed looks very nice, not unmade. I didn't know the broom was
                      > there to clean with, though. It looks more like the kind that one
                      > would take a ride on!

                      that would be Devi, no?

                      <grin>

                      oh! when will I cut it out!

                      <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>

                      since you like the bed Oniko, I added
                      the other piece to the web-page 2 nightstands are also some where
                    • Nina
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                        > <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>
                        >

                        > since you like the bed Oniko, I added
                        > the other piece to the web-page 2 nightstands are also some where

                        Karta,

                        The photos are marvelous! I mean, truly works of haphazard genius, a
                        flash of insight! LOL!

                        What they remind me of is the apartment where I lived in Vienna. The
                        furniture, the parquet floor, the tall white walls, the double
                        casement windows (in my case, the view was of the lightwell on one
                        side of the apt, and the interior Hof on the other). It was a
                        marvelous place, though I felt a bit like Anne Frank, as the apt was
                        deep within a building full of doctor's offices. In fact, our apt was
                        at the rear of Frau Doktor Unger's pediatrician's office. Her mother-
                        in-law had lived there, but had died, and so she lucked into finding
                        four foreign students. From what I could tell, we weren't really
                        supposed to be living there at all, given the general use of the
                        building, and that FDUnger as much as told us this in the beginning;
                        all the checks were paid directly to the doctor, and I don't think
                        she was reporting them. Anyway, back to life as Anne Frank, we always
                        tried to be quiet during FDUnger's office hours, though after hours
                        she let us use her office washing machine. There were certain
                        procedures we had to follow, of course, and we had to be sure to have
                        everything clear before office hours in the morning. We generally
                        made ourselves very scarce during office hours. However, it was a
                        daily occurance that we would awaken to the sounds of small children
                        on the other side of the wall wailing most pitifully "Mami! Mami!
                        Nein!"

                        Anyway, I like the title of the post, "Karta, Fighting the Shadows of
                        the Past!" as it really sums up my experience in Vienna.

                        Nina

                        Nina
                      • satkartar7
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:

                          > > <http://community-2.webtv.net/PItyPAng/vitrine/>
                          > >

                          > > since you like the bed Oniko, I added
                          > > the other piece to the web-page 2 nightstands are also some where
                          >
                          > Karta,
                          >
                          > The photos are marvelous! I mean, truly works of haphazard genius, a
                          > flash of insight! LOL!
                          >
                          > What they remind me of is the apartment where I lived in Vienna. The
                          > furniture, the parquet floor, the tall white walls, the double
                          > casement windows (in my case, the view was of the lightwell on one
                          > side of the apt, and the interior Hof on the other). It was a
                          > marvelous place, though I felt a bit like Anne Frank, as the apt was
                          > deep within a building full of doctor's offices. In fact, our apt was
                          > at the rear of Frau Doktor Unger's pediatrician's office. Her mother-
                          > in-law had lived there, but had died, and so she lucked into finding
                          > four foreign students. From what I could tell, we weren't really
                          > supposed to be living there at all, given the general use of the
                          > building, and that FDUnger as much as told us this in the beginning;
                          > all the checks were paid directly to the doctor, and I don't think
                          > she was reporting them. Anyway, back to life as Anne Frank, we always
                          > tried to be quiet during FDUnger's office hours, though after hours
                          > she let us use her office washing machine. There were certain
                          > procedures we had to follow, of course, and we had to be sure to have
                          > everything clear before office hours in the morning. We generally
                          > made ourselves very scarce during office hours. However, it was a
                          > daily occurance that we would awaken to the sounds of small children
                          > on the other side of the wall wailing most pitifully "Mami! Mami!
                          > Nein!"

                          hahaha

                          thank you for sharing Nina,

                          I love the old country too; Vienna was
                          a very witty place, now it is flooded
                          with eastern Europeans. For an architect
                          it must be a special city.

                          Flying from LA it is a culture shock
                          to visit Europe, when I am there I
                          always make plans to move back for
                          the cultur, the theaters the city-life
                          but than when I am back here again and
                          I run around in my gimmsuit all day
                          without any makeup I know I am home

                          <grin>

                          Feels like you had a colorful life
                          also, me too, many very different environments and among very different
                          people.

                          > Anyway, I like the title of the post, "Karta, Fighting the Shadows of
                          > the Past!" as it really sums up my experience in Vienna.
                          >
                          > Nina

                          Karta
                        • Nina
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                            > hahaha

                            :)

                            > thank you for sharing Nina,
                            >
                            > I love the old country too; Vienna was
                            > a very witty place, now it is flooded
                            > with eastern Europeans. For an architect
                            > it must be a special city.

                            Yep, but moreso for musicians. That's one of the most wonderful
                            memories I have of that city: the ghostly strains of music one
                            happens upon frequently as one moves about the city. It seems that
                            everyone plays an instrument, and so, everyone must practice. It is
                            quite evident where the sentiment that Vienna is full of music comes
                            from: literally from the streets being filled with notes from various
                            open windows. It is the aural equivalent of Saturday afternoon power
                            tools in the suburbs in the USA... something that is so deeply rooted
                            in context that it brings great comfort and relaxation... aaaah. LOL!

                            > Flying from LA it is a culture shock
                            > to visit Europe, when I am there I
                            > always make plans to move back for
                            > the cultur, the theaters the city-life
                            > but than when I am back here again and
                            > I run around in my gimmsuit all day
                            > without any makeup I know I am home

                            LOL!

                            > <grin>
                            >
                            > Feels like you had a colorful life

                            And it ain't over yet!

                            Nina
                          • satkartar7
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
                              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7"
                              > <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                              > > hahaha
                              >
                              > :)
                              >
                              > > thank you for sharing Nina,
                              > >
                              > > I love the old country too; Vienna was
                              > > a very witty place, now it is flooded
                              > > with eastern Europeans. For an architect
                              > > it must be a special city.
                              >
                              > Yep, but moreso for musicians. That's one of the most wonderful
                              > memories I have of that city: the ghostly strains of music one
                              > happens upon frequently as one moves about the city. It seems that
                              > everyone plays an instrument, and so, everyone must practice. It is
                              > quite evident where the sentiment that Vienna is full of music comes
                              > from: literally from the streets being filled with notes from various
                              > open windows. It is the aural equivalent of Saturday afternoon power
                              > tools in the suburbs in the USA... something that is so deeply rooted
                              > in context that it brings great comfort and relaxation... aaaah. LOL!
                              >
                              > > Flying from LA it is a culture shock
                              > > to visit Europe, when I am there I
                              > > always make plans to move back for
                              > > the cultur, the theaters the city-life
                              > > but than when I am back here again and
                              > > I run around in my gimmsuit all day
                              > > without any makeup I know I am home
                              >
                              > LOL!
                              >
                              > > <grin>
                              > >
                              > > Feels like you had a colorful life
                              >
                              > And it ain't over yet!

                              it is great, that you found a new
                              niche in teaching yoga.

                              oh yes, the sounds and cities have a
                              distinct smell too and their past is palpatable. The sounds of lazy sunday afternoons in Budapest remains the
                              copper spice mortals for the sunday
                              feast and the screams of football beaming
                              out of the windows.

                              It is interesting how the cultural
                              centers move form a city to the next.
                              Vienna was the center in Mozart's time
                              do to the music and operas

                              Than the action moved to Paris with
                              the great painters, movie makers and
                              the avangarde.

                              When I immigrated to the US 30 years
                              ago I was convinced, that Los Angeles
                              is the spiritual capital of the west

                              lol

                              I heard now the 'action' is in Barcelona

                              you are right it is a tradition in Austro-Hungary to study music and a
                              second language is a must. I had to
                              play the piano and remember kicking
                              it because I heard my friends playing
                              outside, but my mom was very strict

                              -it was great to go down memory lane
                              with you Nina, I enjoyed it

                              > Nina

                              Karta
                            • Nina
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                                > > > Feels like you had a colorful life
                                > >
                                > > And it ain't over yet!
                                >

                                > it is great, that you found a new
                                > niche in teaching yoga.

                                (snip)

                                :) Karta, what great fun to share the flavor of AustroHungary!

                                I recall Budapest was the only city where the people scoffed at any
                                attempt to learn their language. They had written it off
                                as "impossible" for foreigners. It is the only city I've visited for
                                which I carry no language momentos.

                                > -it was great to go down memory lane
                                > with you Nina, I enjoyed it

                                Yes, Karta, agreed. A nice indulgence.

                                Speaking of yoga and memory lane, this weekend I am attending a
                                workshop with Eric Small on therapeutics. I hope to ask him what he
                                knows about working with people with Alzheimer's. So far, when asking
                                my teachers about how to work with people with Alzheimer's, I have
                                received surprised looks and no replies.

                                By the way, Eric Small is quite amazing. 73, but so youthful (!),
                                despite having been diagnosed with remitting, relapsing MS at 20. He
                                sees his past 35 years as a gift(he had been told he would be dead by
                                40). You can't tell by looking at him he was headed towards a
                                wheelchair in his early 20s. A beautiful person, spry and limber,
                                with a resonant voice and a great knowledge base.

                                Well, back to those redlines and the deadlines.

                                Nina
                              • satkartar7
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 11, 2003
                                  > (snip)
                                  >
                                  > :) Karta, what great fun to share the flavor of AustroHungary!
                                  >
                                  > I recall Budapest

                                  oh! you visited my home-city! so did
                                  Joe too; this is nice to hear, really!

                                  My view is to the Gellert mountain
                                  with the Freedom statue on itsd top:
                                  the goddess Ishvara holding the palm
                                  up and where the fireworks is at holydays

                                  <grin>

                                  > was the only city where the people scoffed at any
                                  > attempt to learn their language. They had written it off
                                  > as "impossible" for foreigners. It is the only city I've visited for
                                  > which I carry no language momentos.
                                  >
                                  > > -it was great to go down memory lane
                                  > > with you Nina, I enjoyed it
                                  >
                                  > Yes, Karta, agreed. A nice indulgence.
                                  >
                                  > Speaking of yoga and memory lane, this weekend I am attending a
                                  > workshop with Eric Small on therapeutics. I hope to ask him what he
                                  > knows about working with people with Alzheimer's. So far, when asking
                                  > my teachers about how to work with people with Alzheimer's,

                                  yes yoga energies are magical and
                                  powerful I wish it would be taught
                                  starting at elementary school to all!

                                  My mom was a silent member of a London
                                  based society and she got literature
                                  from them since during the communist
                                  era everything esoteric was indexed
                                  and was punished by deportation; so
                                  she taught me in seekret from a Raja
                                  Yoga book by a yogi named Selva Raja
                                  Jessuidan who was visiting Budapest
                                  and his book got translatersd. My
                                  mom saw him during as she referred
                                  to in the 'Peace years' what ment in
                                  her vocabulary before communism:
                                  before WWII as there he buried himself
                                  as a show guess.

                                  I think some illnesses are a message
                                  from nature [an organism] as the
                                  last result to call attention to of
                                  being out of balance, or 'not true'
                                  etc spirtual causes. I hope this doesn't
                                  sound prejudices

                                  Alzheimer's, as you pointed out; where
                                  one loses all identification = ego
                                  in a brutal and an irrevocable manner
                                  must be a powerful lesson in humility, surrender and giving turning it over to
                                  the pool of mutual: to the Whole

                                  I noticed, it is frequent among alcohol
                                  users, this is my own observation of
                                  the parents of my friends

                                  there is a place in all illnesses
                                  tying the psyche the memory and at
                                  times an event in a gordious-knot
                                  [primal] which can be found with
                                  paying deep attention. How to reach a
                                  patient at this level is an artform requiring honesty love servitude
                                  wisdom and understanding

                                  it is a learning process for the
                                  healer herself too: an affinity to the
                                  condition is a good thing; I wonder
                                  what is yours about Alzheimer's

                                  Karta

                                  > I have
                                  > received surprised looks and no replies.
                                  >
                                  > By the way, Eric Small is quite amazing. 73, but so youthful (!),
                                  > despite having been diagnosed with remitting, relapsing MS at 20. He
                                  > sees his past 35 years as a gift(he had been told he would be dead by
                                  > 40). You can't tell by looking at him he was headed towards a
                                  > wheelchair in his early 20s. A beautiful person, spry and limber,
                                  > with a resonant voice and a great knowledge base.
                                  >
                                  > Well, back to those redlines and the deadlines.
                                  >
                                  > Nina
                                • Nina
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 12, 2003
                                    <mi_nok@y...> wrote:

                                    > My view is to the Gellert mountain
                                    > with the Freedom statue on itsd top:
                                    > the goddess Ishvara holding the palm
                                    > up and where the fireworks is at holydays

                                    Nice. I liked the dual nature of
                                    Buda and Pest and their meeting
                                    across the river. Are you speaking
                                    of the statue on the large hill?

                                    Have you ever noticed the variation
                                    of presence of the Danube in Vienna,
                                    Prag and Budapest? I always think of
                                    those three cities as intimately
                                    conflated, like three 'alternate existances'.

                                    > yes yoga energies are magical and
                                    > powerful I wish it would be taught
                                    > starting at elementary school to all!
                                    >
                                    > My mom was a silent member of a London
                                    > based society and she got literature
                                    > from them since during the communist
                                    > era everything esoteric was indexed
                                    > and was punished by deportation; so
                                    > she taught me in seekret from a Raja
                                    > Yoga book by a yogi named Selva Raja
                                    > Jessuidan who was visiting Budapest
                                    > and his book got translatersd. My
                                    > mom saw him during as she referred
                                    > to in the 'Peace years' what ment in
                                    > her vocabulary before communism:
                                    > before WWII as there he buried himself
                                    > as a show guess.
                                    >
                                    > I think some illnesses are a message
                                    > from nature [an organism] as the
                                    > last result to call attention to of
                                    > being out of balance, or 'not true'
                                    > etc spirtual causes. I hope this doesn't
                                    > sound prejudices

                                    I can see where you're coming from
                                    with the thought that illness is a
                                    sign of being out of balance, but
                                    sometimes I feel that illness is more
                                    'a different balance'. I think there
                                    is often a choice as to the 'balance'
                                    in which one hangs, but the education
                                    and knowledge of 'cause and effect'
                                    must be in place. How nondual of me. ;)

                                    > Alzheimer's, as you pointed out; where
                                    > one loses all identification = ego
                                    > in a brutal and an irrevocable manner
                                    > must be a powerful lesson in humility,
                                    > surrender and giving turning it over to
                                    > the pool of mutual: to the Whole
                                    >
                                    > I noticed, it is frequent among alcohol
                                    > users, this is my own observation of
                                    > the parents of my friends

                                    Dementia strikes most people over
                                    the age of 85, some would argue
                                    earlier. It is a fact of aging and
                                    how our bodies are designed and
                                    used in life.

                                    > there is a place in all illnesses
                                    > tying the psyche the memory and at
                                    > times an event in a gordious-knot
                                    > [primal] which can be found with
                                    > paying deep attention.

                                    This may well be.

                                    > How to reach a
                                    > patient at this level is an artform
                                    > requiring honesty love servitude
                                    > wisdom and understanding
                                    >
                                    > it is a learning process for the
                                    > healer herself too: an affinity to the
                                    > condition is a good thing; I wonder
                                    > what is yours about Alzheimer's

                                    I could offer up various reasons, but am
                                    weary of generating unnecessary meanings
                                    to my interests. I'd rather spend the
                                    energy on 'being interested'. :)

                                    Nina
                                  • satkartar7
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 12, 2003
                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
                                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7"
                                      > <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > My view is to the Gellert mountain
                                      > > with the Freedom statue on itsd top:
                                      > > the goddess Ishvara holding the palm
                                      > > up and where the fireworks is at holydays
                                      >
                                      > Nice. I liked the dual nature of
                                      > Buda and Pest and their meeting
                                      > across the river. Are you speaking
                                      > of the statue on the large hill?
                                      >
                                      > Have you ever noticed the variation
                                      > of presence of the Danube in Vienna,
                                      > Prag and Budapest? I always think of
                                      > those three cities as intimately
                                      > conflated, like three 'alternate
                                      > existances'.

                                      yes, the Danube in Budapest is wast,
                                      not so in Vienna, and in Prague I never
                                      noticed because the fascination is
                                      with the mirad of enchanting towers

                                      The view to the statue from the my
                                      side; from Buda is from far; even
                                      that the house is 2km from it, here
                                      are some pics which has the Free Lady
                                      also

                                      <http://www.fiendbear.com/vacation8.htm>

                                      > > yes yoga energies are magical and
                                      > > powerful I wish it would be taught
                                      > > starting at elementary school to all!

                                      > > I think some illnesses are a message
                                      > > from nature [an organism] as the
                                      > > last result to call attention to of
                                      > > being out of balance, or 'not true'
                                      > > etc spirtual causes. I hope this doesn't
                                      > > sound prejudices
                                      >
                                      > I can see where you're coming from
                                      > with the thought that illness is a
                                      > sign of being out of balance, but
                                      > sometimes I feel that illness is more
                                      > 'a different balance'. I think there
                                      > is often a choice as to the 'balance'
                                      > in which one hangs, but the education
                                      > and knowledge of 'cause and effect'
                                      > must be in place.

                                      now for that in the santmat system one
                                      has to be at the 4-th plane: past the
                                      void [couse & efect plane] and lern
                                      to 'die' in meditation, pretty rare..

                                      <grin>
                                      > How nondual of me. ;)
                                      >
                                      > > Alzheimer's, as you pointed out; where
                                      > > one loses all identification = ego
                                      > > in a brutal and an irrevocable manner
                                      > > must be a powerful lesson in humility,
                                      > > surrender and giving turning it over to
                                      > > the pool of mutual: to the Whole
                                      > >
                                      > > I noticed, it is frequent among alcohol
                                      > > users, this is my own observation of
                                      > > the parents of my friends
                                      >
                                      > Dementia strikes most people over
                                      > the age of 85, some would argue
                                      > earlier. It is a fact of aging and
                                      > how our bodies are designed and
                                      > used in life.
                                      >
                                      > > there is a place in all illnesses
                                      > > tying the psyche the memory and at
                                      > > times an event in a gordious-knot
                                      > > [primal] which can be found with
                                      > > paying deep attention.
                                      >
                                      > This may well be.
                                      >
                                      > > How to reach a
                                      > > patient at this level is an artform
                                      > > requiring honesty love servitude
                                      > > wisdom and understanding
                                      > >
                                      > > it is a learning process for the
                                      > > healer herself too: an affinity to the
                                      > > condition is a good thing; I wonder
                                      > > what is yours about Alzheimer's

                                      We call dementia senile [senilitee]
                                      in Hungary and every household has a
                                      grandma or grandpa who is 'funny'
                                      forgetful and the subject of countless
                                      jokes. The cruel old-peoples-home was unknown and are just starting to show up
                                      there; the old folks live with the
                                      family: they are part of the family
                                      and grand kids take care of them
                                      mostly it is a very different existence

                                      This off course is a topic for the motherinlaw jokes with are even more
                                      in number because for the newly and
                                      not so newly married couples living
                                      with grandparents is not easy <grin>
                                      and it is a costume there to joke
                                      about everything to ease.. There is
                                      just not enough space and money in
                                      Europe for everyone to live seperate.

                                      I escaped communism literarily on my
                                      knees through Jugoslavia and Italy and
                                      now sadly acknowledge, that the birth
                                      of democracy is very difficult and
                                      tolling. The healthcare, education,
                                      culture was free under the comunist
                                      regime and on a very high standard,
                                      books theater arte now all gone; it
                                      became free enterprise dictated by
                                      momey: the best seller junk taste,
                                      merit died ot without the support
                                      from the state.

                                      My friends went all crazy with second
                                      and third jobs to pay for their
                                      healthcare and just to stay alive and
                                      we joke, "that democracy *HIT* the
                                      east hard" LOL

                                      the new wealthy crowd is like a
                                      maffia their dictating buying force's
                                      taste is repelling.

                                      > I could offer up various reasons, but am
                                      > weary of generating unnecessary meanings
                                      > to my interests. I'd rather spend the
                                      > energy on 'being interested'. :)
                                      >
                                      > Nina

                                      Karta
                                    • satkartar7
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 12, 2003
                                        .> wrote:
                                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Nina" <murrkis@y...> =
                                        wrote:
                                        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7"
                                        > > <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > > My view is to the Gellert mountain
                                        > > > with the Freedom statue on itsd top:
                                        > > > the goddess Ishvara holding the palm
                                        > > > up and where the fireworks is at
                                        > > > holydays
                                        > >
                                        > > Nice. I liked the dual nature of
                                        > > Buda and Pest and their meeting
                                        > > across the river. Are you speaking
                                        > > of the statue on the large hill?

                                        > The view to the statue from the my
                                        > side; from Buda is from far; even
                                        > that the house is 2km from it, here
                                        > are some pics which has the Free Lady
                                        > also
                                        >
                                        > <http://www.fiendbear.com/vacation8.htm>

                                        footnotes:

                                        do the the costume of roasting joking
                                        of Pest the sculptor of the ChainBridge
                                        lions killed himself

                                        Legend has it that the lion statues at
                                        either end of the bridge have no
                                        tongues, for the shame of which the
                                        sculptor drowned himself in the river.

                                        Built in 1839-49 this was the city's
                                        first permanent river crossing. Today
                                        the outline of the Chain Bridge is one
                                        of the most commonly used symbols of Budapest.The idea of constructing a
                                        permanent bridge across the Danube in Budapest was developed by Hungary's
                                        great 19C reformer, Count István
                                        Széchenyi.

                                        In 1820 bad weather forced him to
                                        wait eight days before he could cross
                                        the river by ferry to attend his
                                        father's funeral.

                                        ----

                                        And the Freedom statue was plan for
                                        Horthy's the son's gave and it is
                                        Ishvara Goddess with a palm leaf, the communist just put their ownership
                                        ower it

                                        ---

                                        Empress Maria Theresia was Hungarian
                                        and a relative to the Bhatory's who
                                        were the original vampires also in Transilvania the Dracula family

                                        Karta