the whole world as guru

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
      Nisargadatta whole world is guru

      Nisargadatta: The entire universe is your Guru. You learn from
      everything if you are alert and intelligent.

      Were your mind clear and
      your heart clean, you would learn from every passerby. It is because
      you are indolent or restless that o=your inner Self manifests as the
      outer Guru and makes you trust Him and obey.

      Q. I s a Guru inevitable?

      Nisargadatta: It is like asking "is a mother inevitable? To rise i
      consciousness from one dimension to another, you need help. The help
      may not alway being the shape of a human person, it may be a subtle
      presence, or a spark of intuition, but help must come. The inner Self
      is watching and waiting for the son to return to his father. At the
      right time he arranges everything affectionately and effectively.
      Where a messenger is needed, or a guide, He sends the Guru to do the
      needful.

      Q. There is one thing i cannot grasp, You speak of the inner self as
      wise and good and beautiful and in every way perfect, and of the
      person merely as a reflection without a being of its own. On the
      other hand you take so much trouble in helping the person to realize
      itself. If the person is so unimportant, why be so concerned with its
      welfare? Who cares for a shadow?

      Nisargadatta: You have brought duality where there is none. There is
      the body and there is the *Self* Between them is the mind, in which
      the Self is reflected as "I am". Because of the imperfections of the
      mind, its crudity and restlessness, lack of discernment and insight,
      it takes itself to be the body, not the Self.
      All that is needed is
      to purify the mind so that it can realize its identity with the Self.

      When the mind merges in the Self, the body presents no problem. It
      remains what it is, an instrument of cognition and action, the tool
      and the expression of the creative fire within. The ultimate value of
      the body is that it serves to discover the cosmic body, which is the
      universe in its entirety. As you realize yourself in manifestation,
      you keeP on discovering that you are ever more than what you have
      imagined..

      Q. Is there no end to self-discovery?

      Nisargadatta: As there is no beginning, there is no end, but what I
      have discovered by the grace of my Guru is...I am nothing that can be
      pointed at. I am neither a "this" nor a "that" This holds absolutely.

      Q. Then, where comes in the never-ending discovery, the endless
      transcending oneself into new dimensions?

      Nisargadatta: All this belongs to the realm of manifestation. Wider and
      deeper consciousness is higher. All that lives, works for protecting,
      perpetuating and expanding consciousness, discover of new dimensions,
      with their properties, qualities and powers. In that sense the entire
      universe becomes a school of Yoga.

      Q. Is perfection the destiny of all human beings?

      Nisargadatta: Of all living beings - ultimately. The possibility
      becomes a certainty when the notion of enlightenment appears in the
      mind. Once a living being has heard and understood that deliverance
      is within his reach, he will never forget, for it is the first
      message from within. It will take roots and grow and in due course
      take the blessed shape of the Guru.

      Q. So all we are concerned with is the redemption of the mind?

      Nisargadatta: What else? The mind goes astray, the mind returns
      home. Even the word astray is not proper.
      The mind must know itself
      in every mood. Nothing is a mistake unless repeated

      Karta

      ps: when I wrote at Ganga's club, that
      my guru is the OM and the 'whole world'
      she ridiculed me and tried to imply,
      that I am lying because before I said,
      that my guru is a Sant Mat master

      oh! the ignorant imterpreatation:
      blinded by self-importance, pride and
      a sick ego

      huh

      sorry Bob
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        > perpetuating and expanding consciousness, discover of new dimensions,
        > with their properties, qualities and powers. In that sense the entire
        > universe becomes a school of Yoga.
        >
        > Q. Is perfection the destiny of all human beings?
        >
        > Nisargadatta: Of all living beings - ultimately. The possibility
        > becomes a certainty when the notion of enlightenment appears in the
        > mind. Once a living being has heard and understood that deliverance
        > is within his reach, he will never forget, for it is the first
        > message from within. It will take roots and grow and in due course
        > take the blessed shape of the Guru.
        >
        > Q. So all we are concerned with is the redemption of the mind?
        >
        > Nisargadatta: What else? The mind goes astray, the mind returns
        > home. Even the word astray is not proper.
        > The mind must know itself
        > in every mood. Nothing is a mistake unless repeated

        I forgot righteousness which is big in my book
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
> [...]
          > > message from within. It will take roots and grow and in due course
          > > take the blessed shape of the Guru.
          > >
          > > Q. So all we are concerned with is the redemption of the mind?
          > >
          > > Nisargadatta: What else? The mind goes astray, the mind returns
          > > home. Even the word astray is not proper.
          > > The mind must know itself
          > > in every mood. Nothing is a mistake unless repeated
          > >
          > > Karta
          > >
          > > ps: when I wrote at Ganga's club, that
          > > my guru is the OM and the 'whole world'
          > > she ridiculed me and tried to imply,
          > > that I am lying because before I said,
          > > that my guru is a Sant Mat master
          > >
          > > oh! the ignorant interpreatation:
          > > blinded by self-importance, pride and
          > > a sick ego
          > >
          > > huh
          > >

          > > sorry Bob and Tony and Maria
          >
          > I forgot righteousness which is big in my book

          I rated her conduct related to me on
          the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
          enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding

          you are welcome to debate this
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
            Karta wrote:

            snip of lots of transcendent Nisargadatta wisdom

            > > > Karta
            > > >
            > > > ps: when I wrote at Ganga's club, that
            > > > my guru is the OM and the 'whole world'
            > > > she ridiculed me and tried to imply,
            > > > that I am lying because before I said,
            > > > that my guru is a Sant Mat master
            > > >
            > > > oh! the ignorant interpreatation:
            > > > blinded by self-importance, pride and
            > > > a sick ego
            > > >
            > > > huh
            > > >

            > > > sorry Bob and Tony and Maria
            > >
            > > I forgot righteousness which is big in my book
            >
            > I rated her conduct related to me on
            > the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
            > enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding
            >
            > you are welcome to debate this

            Dear Karta,

            Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
            attention, and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
            your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
            sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
            you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
            'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
            time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
            back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
            'Acceptance' (+350), 'Understanding' (+400), and other
            "strengthening" things.

          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Karta wrote:
              >
              > snip of lots of transcendent Nisargadatta wisdom

              > > > I forgot righteousness which is big in my book
              > >
              > > I rated her conduct related to me on
              > > the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
              > > enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding
              > >
              > > you are welcome to debate this
              >
              > Dear Karta,

              dear Bob,

              > Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
              > attention,

              no, I've posted it long time ago too

              yes, <grin>

              > and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
              > your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
              > sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
              > you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
              > 'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
              > time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
              > back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
              > 'Acceptance' (+350),

              'Understanding' (+400), and other
              > "strengthening" things.

              understaniding is a good thing:

              I choose that

              <grin>

              so do I get a doubble dose of it?

              like 800?

              Karta

              Ps: keep in mind that, Ganga flunked,
              that twice: she didn't agree, that
              guru can be anyone and and, that a santmat-guru is synonomus with the Naam

              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob
            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > Karta wrote:
                > >
                > > snip of lots of transcendent Nisargadatta wisdom

                > > > I rated her conduct related to me on
                > > > the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
                > > > enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding
                > > >
                > > > you are welcome to debate this
                > >
                > > Dear Karta,
                >
                > dear Bob,
                >

                > > Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
                > > attention,
                >

                > no, I've posted it long time ago too
                >

                > yes, <grin>
                >

                > > and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
                > > your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
                > > sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
                > > you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
                > > 'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
                > > time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
                > > back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
                > > 'Acceptance' (+350),
                >

                > 'Understanding' (+400), and other
                > > "strengthening" things.
                >

                > understaniding is a good thing:
                >
                > I choose that
                >
                > <grin>
                >
                > so do I get a doubble dose of it?
                >
                > like 800?
                >

                > Karta
                >
                > Ps: keep in mind that, Ganga flunked,
                > that twice:

                > she didn't agree, that
                > guru can be anyone and and, that a santmat-guru is synonomus with the Naam

                and these were what she reffered to as
                my non-sence.....

                > > Peace and blessings,
                > > Bob
              • Gene Poole
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                  >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Karta wrote:
                  >
                  > snip of lots of transcendent Nisargadatta wisdom

                  > > > I forgot righteousness which is big in my book
                  > >
                  > > I rated her conduct related to me on
                  > > the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
                  > > enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding
                  > >
                  > > you are welcome to debate this
                  >
                  > Dear Karta,
                  >
                  > Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
                  > attention, and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
                  > your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
                  > sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
                  > you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
                  > 'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
                  > time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
                  > back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
                  > 'Acceptance' (+350), 'Understanding' (+400), and other
                  > "strengthening" things.
                  >
                  > Peace and blessings,
                  > Bob

                  Clearly, it is 'time' for Karta to run the gauntlet!

                  She will now compare herself to the judgements
                  of every living person! What a sight, what a
                  commotion, what a contest it will be!

                  Who will reign supreme? Will it be her, Karta?

                  Or will it be some sly wordsmith, who can
                  incite in her, emotions which put her
                  'down for the count'?

                  Tune in daily, for the continuing update on
                  this grand saga...

                  "Hey, somebody said something that upset
                  me! I better prove how wrong, immoral, and
                  non-righteous they are! And I will do that,
                  armed with my special concepts, feelings,
                  and in front of an audience of millions!"

                  NonDual SmackDown, on an astral channel
                  near you!

                  ==GP==
                • Onniko
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                    <I rated her conduct related to me on
                    the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
                    enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding

                    you are welcome to debate this>

                    I wouldn't debate about anyone personally, but if a gurulike person
                    so filled the house of another with their own stuff that it became
                    uncomfortable, the house holder might abandon the house. That would
                    be the success.

                    The lack might be that the gurulike one feel pressure to 'claim' the
                    house of the other by filling it fast and full of their own stuff
                    because the gurulike one is needy and fears failure.

                  • devianandi
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                      <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                      > >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > > Karta wrote:
                      > >
                      > > snip of lots of transcendent Nisargadatta wisdom

                      > > > I rated her conduct related to me on
                      > > > the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at
                      scorn,
                      > > > enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding
                      > > >
                      > > > you are welcome to debate this
                      > >
                      > > Dear Karta,
                      > >
                      > > Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
                      > > attention, and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
                      > > your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
                      > > sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
                      > > you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
                      > > 'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
                      > > time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
                      > > back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
                      > > 'Acceptance' (+350), 'Understanding' (+400), and other
                      > > "strengthening" things.
                      > >
                      > > Peace and blessings,
                      > > Bob
                      >
                      > Clearly, it is 'time' for Karta to run the gauntlet!
                      >
                      > She will now compare herself to the judgements
                      > of every living person! What a sight, what a
                      > commotion, what a contest it will be!
                      >
                      > Who will reign supreme? Will it be her, Karta?
                      >
                      > Or will it be some sly wordsmith, who can
                      > incite in her, emotions which put her
                      > 'down for the count'?
                      >
                      > Tune in daily, for the continuing update on
                      > this grand saga...
                      >
                      > "Hey, somebody said something that upset
                      > me! I better prove how wrong, immoral, and
                      > non-righteous they are! And I will do that,
                      > armed with my special concepts, feelings,
                      > and in front of an audience of millions!"
                      >
                      > NonDual SmackDown, on an astral channel
                      > near you!
                      >

                      > ==GP==

                      devi: i though this might be a good time for me to check in and say
                      hello. after reading kartas few posts my thought was, hmmm, we need
                      gene poole to jump in here, and there he is. hysterically
                      predictable...cheers to the Higher SElf in all, have a beautiful day.
                    • Onniko
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                        <devi: i though this might be a good time for me to check in and say
                        hello. after reading kartas few posts my thought was, hmmm, we need
                        gene poole to jump in here, and there he is. hysterically
                        predictable...cheers to the Higher SElf in all, have a beautiful
                        day.>

                        Predictable it is. One guy read that story about the speck and the
                        log in eyes and started attending to his specks. The other few
                        billion read it and gleefully realized that now they could not only
                        point out specks, they could point out logs! Yay!

                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                          K: I rated her conduct related to me on
                          the Map of Consciousness: process: at Inflation, emotion: at scorn,
                          enlightenment: at pride, life-view: at demanding

                          you are welcome to debate this

                          > > Dear Karta,
                          > >
                          > > Was the Nisargadatta stuff you posted just to get our
                          > > attention, and what you'd really like us to dwell on is
                          > > your feelings of being slighted, or some similar perceived
                          > > sin by Ganga that you're carrying around? And if so, wouldn't
                          > > you be demonstrating 'Condemning'(-50), 'Shame'(-20),
                          > > 'Humiliation'(-20), and other "weakening" things. Maybe it's
                          > > time to look at what Nisargadatta is pointing to instead of
                          > > back at the Ganga/Karta drama. This would be 'Release' (+250),
                          > > 'Acceptance' (+350), 'Understanding' (+400), and other
                          > > "strengthening" things.
                          > >
                          > > Peace and blessings,
                          > > Bob
                          >
                          > Clearly, it is 'time' for Karta to run the gauntlet!
                          >
                          > She will now compare herself to the judgements
                          > of every living person! What a sight, what a
                          > commotion, what a contest it will be!
                          >
                          > Who will reign supreme? Will it be her, Karta?
                          >
                          > Or will it be some sly wordsmith, who can
                          > incite in her, emotions which put her
                          > 'down for the count'?
                          >
                          > Tune in daily, for the continuing update on
                          > this grand saga...
                          >
                          > "Hey, somebody said something that upset
                          > me! I better prove how wrong, immoral, and

                          > non-righteous they are!

                          non-righteous is all right with me

                          <grin>

                          > And I will do that,
                          > armed with my special concepts, feelings,
                          > and in front of an audience of millions!"
                          >
                          > NonDual SmackDown, on an astral channel
                          > near you!
                          >

                          > ==GP==
                        • Gene Poole
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                            >"satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:

                            Gene had written:

                            > > "Hey, somebody said something that upset
                            > > me! I better prove how wrong, immoral, and
                            > > non-righteous they are!
                            >

                            > non-righteous is all right with me
                            >
                            > <grin>

                            Do you then convene your duels
                            by plan? Or are you propted by
                            principle?

                            ==GP==
                          • satkartar7
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                              > >"satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                              >
                              > Gene had written:
                              >
                              > > > "Hey, somebody said something that upset
                              > > > me! I better prove how wrong, immoral, and
                              > > > non-righteous they are!
                              > >

                              > > non-righteous is all right with me
                              > >
                              > > <grin>
                              >
                              > Do you then convene your duels