Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question from email about OM and colors

  • Onniko
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and
      all
      > > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation
      and
      > > it
      > > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
      > > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
      > > possibility
      > > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the
      eye.
      > > It
      > > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades
      exstence.

      > > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
      > > Being
      > > > of Self, before words.
      > > >
      > > > ml
      > >
      > > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
      > > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
      >

      > hi Oniko,
      >
      > I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of
      rainbow
      > colors
      >
      > the violet pink colorwas liked
      > by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
      > it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
      > would be the color for mind.
      >
      > the heart [chakra] is associated with
      > green and the third-eye with violet
      > blue
      >
      > The 1-st chakra is associated with
      > 'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
      > orange
      >
      > Karta

      I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the group
      picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
      your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
      tipped spines, haha?
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
        group

        I visit the the webpage because I am on toy

        > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
        > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
        > tipped spines, haha?

        oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe

        about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is associated
        with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:

        Brahma and Vishnu,
        who were arguing over their relative supremacy.

        Their vain arguments were interrupted
        by a superluminous glow from a strange
        and blazing pillar, its shape
        reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
        sped towards this indescribable flaming
        light, which grew before their eyes
        into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens.

        Overwhelmed and terrified by the
        unfathomable vision, the two gods
        decided to seek the beginning and end
        of this burning immensity. Brahma
        taking the form of a swan flew
        upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
        the shape of a boar.

        Both of the gods however, could not
        fathom the extent of this fiery column
        at either end, and returned exhausted
        and bewildered to the level they had
        started from.

        At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
        Shiva revealed himself in his full
        glory.

        Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
        bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,
        or the sound of AUM, issued from the
        pillar, filling the sky.

        Illustration:

        <http://www.exoticindia.com/artimages/ht74.jpg>

        Karta
      • Onniko
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2003
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
          > group
          >
          > I visit the the webpage because I am on toy
          >

          > > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
          > > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
          > > tipped spines, haha?
          >
          > oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe
          >
          > about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is
          associated
          > with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:
          >
          > Brahma and Vishnu,
          > who were arguing over their relative supremacy.
          >
          > Their vain arguments were interrupted
          > by a superluminous glow from a strange
          > and blazing pillar, its shape
          > reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
          > sped towards this indescribable flaming
          > light, which grew before their eyes
          > into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the
          heavens.

          > Overwhelmed and terrified by the
          > unfathomable vision, the two gods
          > decided to seek the beginning and end
          > of this burning immensity. Brahma
          > taking the form of a swan flew
          > upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
          > the shape of a boar.
          >
          > Both of the gods however, could not
          > fathom the extent of this fiery column
          > at either end, and returned exhausted
          > and bewildered to the level they had
          > started from.
          >
          > At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
          > Shiva revealed himself in his full
          > glory.
          >
          > Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
          > bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,