Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question from email about OM and colors

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
      > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
      > it
      > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
      > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
      > possibility
      > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
      > It
      > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
      > >
      > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
      > Being
      > > of Self, before words.
      > >
      > > ml
      >
      > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
      > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?

      hi Oniko,

      I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of rainbow
      colors

      the violet pink colorwas liked
      by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
      it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
      would be the color for mind.

      the heart [chakra] is associated with
      green and the third-eye with violet
      blue

      The 1-st chakra is associated with
      'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
      orange

      Karta
    • Onniko
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and
        all
        > > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation
        and
        > > it
        > > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
        > > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
        > > possibility
        > > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the
        eye.
        > > It
        > > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades
        exstence.

        > > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
        > > Being
        > > > of Self, before words.
        > > >
        > > > ml
        > >
        > > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
        > > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
        >

        > hi Oniko,
        >
        > I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of
        rainbow
        > colors
        >
        > the violet pink colorwas liked
        > by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
        > it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
        > would be the color for mind.
        >
        > the heart [chakra] is associated with
        > green and the third-eye with violet
        > blue
        >
        > The 1-st chakra is associated with
        > 'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
        > orange
        >
        > Karta

        I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the group
        picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
        your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
        tipped spines, haha?
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
          group

          I visit the the webpage because I am on toy

          > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
          > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
          > tipped spines, haha?

          oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe

          about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is associated
          with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:

          Brahma and Vishnu,
          who were arguing over their relative supremacy.

          Their vain arguments were interrupted
          by a superluminous glow from a strange
          and blazing pillar, its shape
          reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
          sped towards this indescribable flaming
          light, which grew before their eyes
          into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens.

          Overwhelmed and terrified by the
          unfathomable vision, the two gods
          decided to seek the beginning and end
          of this burning immensity. Brahma
          taking the form of a swan flew
          upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
          the shape of a boar.

          Both of the gods however, could not
          fathom the extent of this fiery column
          at either end, and returned exhausted
          and bewildered to the level they had
          started from.

          At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
          Shiva revealed himself in his full
          glory.

          Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
          bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,
          or the sound of AUM, issued from the
          pillar, filling the sky.

          Illustration:

          <http://www.exoticindia.com/artimages/ht74.jpg>

          Karta
        • Onniko
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2003
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
            > group
            >
            > I visit the the webpage because I am on toy
            >

            > > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
            > > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
            > > tipped spines, haha?
            >
            > oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe
            >
            > about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is
            associated
            > with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:
            >
            > Brahma and Vishnu,
            > who were arguing over their relative supremacy.
            >
            > Their vain arguments were interrupted
            > by a superluminous glow from a strange
            > and blazing pillar, its shape
            > reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
            > sped towards this indescribable flaming
            > light, which grew before their eyes
            > into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the
            heavens.

            > Overwhelmed and terrified by the
            > unfathomable vision, the two gods
            > decided to seek the beginning and end
            > of this burning immensity. Brahma
            > taking the form of a swan flew
            > upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
            > the shape of a boar.
            >
            > Both of the gods however, could not
            > fathom the extent of this fiery column
            > at either end, and returned exhausted
            > and bewildered to the level they had
            > started from.
            >
            > At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
            > Shiva revealed himself in his full
            > glory.
            >
            > Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
            > bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,