Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question from email about OM and colors

  • mlcanow
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
      <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
      > THX A LOT.
      >

      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
      > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
      > the artists colors
      > L.

      OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
      pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and it
      is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
      Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite possibility
      of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye. It
      is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.

      Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure Being
      of Self, before words.

      ml
    • Onniko
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
        <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
        > <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
        > > THX A LOT.
        > >

        > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
        > > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
        > > the artists colors
        > > L.
        > >

        > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
        > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
        it
        > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
        > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
        possibility
        > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
        It
        > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
        >
        > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
        Being
        > of Self, before words.
        >
        > ml

        Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
        correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
      • satkartar7
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
          > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
          > it
          > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
          > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
          > possibility
          > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
          > It
          > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
          > >
          > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
          > Being
          > > of Self, before words.
          > >
          > > ml
          >
          > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
          > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?

          hi Oniko,

          I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of rainbow
          colors

          the violet pink colorwas liked
          by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
          it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
          would be the color for mind.

          the heart [chakra] is associated with
          green and the third-eye with violet
          blue

          The 1-st chakra is associated with
          'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
          orange

          Karta
        • Onniko
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and
            all
            > > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation
            and
            > > it
            > > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
            > > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
            > > possibility
            > > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the
            eye.
            > > It
            > > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades
            exstence.

            > > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
            > > Being
            > > > of Self, before words.
            > > >
            > > > ml
            > >
            > > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
            > > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
            >

            > hi Oniko,
            >
            > I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of
            rainbow
            > colors
            >
            > the violet pink colorwas liked
            > by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
            > it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
            > would be the color for mind.
            >
            > the heart [chakra] is associated with
            > green and the third-eye with violet
            > blue
            >
            > The 1-st chakra is associated with
            > 'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
            > orange
            >
            > Karta

            I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the group
            picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
            your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
            tipped spines, haha?
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
              > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
              group

              I visit the the webpage because I am on toy

              > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
              > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
              > tipped spines, haha?

              oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe

              about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is associated
              with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:

              Brahma and Vishnu,
              who were arguing over their relative supremacy.

              Their vain arguments were interrupted
              by a superluminous glow from a strange
              and blazing pillar, its shape
              reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
              sped towards this indescribable flaming
              light, which grew before their eyes
              into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens.

              Overwhelmed and terrified by the
              unfathomable vision, the two gods
              decided to seek the beginning and end
              of this burning immensity. Brahma
              taking the form of a swan flew
              upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
              the shape of a boar.

              Both of the gods however, could not
              fathom the extent of this fiery column
              at either end, and returned exhausted
              and bewildered to the level they had
              started from.

              At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
              Shiva revealed himself in his full
              glory.

              Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
              bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,
              or the sound of AUM, issued from the
              pillar, filling the sky.

              Illustration:

              <http://www.exoticindia.com/artimages/ht74.jpg>

              Karta
            • Onniko
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2003
                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
                > group
                >
                > I visit the the webpage because I am on toy
                >

                > > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                > > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                > > tipped spines, haha?
                >
                > oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe
                >
                > about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is
                associated
                > with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:
                >
                > Brahma and Vishnu,
                > who were arguing over their relative supremacy.
                >
                > Their vain arguments were interrupted
                > by a superluminous glow from a strange
                > and blazing pillar, its shape
                > reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
                > sped towards this indescribable flaming
                > light, which grew before their eyes
                > into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the
                heavens.

                > Overwhelmed and terrified by the
                > unfathomable vision, the two gods
                > decided to seek the beginning and end
                > of this burning immensity. Brahma
                > taking the form of a swan flew
                > upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
                > the shape of a boar.
                >
                > Both of the gods however, could not
                > fathom the extent of this fiery column
                > at either end, and returned exhausted
                > and bewildered to the level they had
                > started from.
                >
                > At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
                > Shiva revealed himself in his full
                > glory.
                >
                > Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
                > bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,