Re: [Meditation Society of America] Question from email about OM and colors

  • afshin taghizad
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
      THX A LOT.

      I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
      in its colors.  Or if the pictures I see are just
      the artists colors
      L.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
        <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
        > THX A LOT.
        >

        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
        > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
        > the artists colors
        > L.

        OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
        pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and it
        is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
        Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite possibility
        of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye. It
        is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.

        Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure Being
        of Self, before words.

        ml
      • Onniko
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
          <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
          > <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
          > > THX A LOT.
          > >

          > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
          > > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
          > > the artists colors
          > > L.
          > >

          > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
          > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
          it
          > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
          > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
          possibility
          > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
          It
          > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
          >
          > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
          Being
          > of Self, before words.
          >
          > ml

          Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
          correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
            > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
            > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
            > it
            > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
            > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
            > possibility
            > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
            > It
            > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
            > >
            > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
            > Being
            > > of Self, before words.
            > >
            > > ml
            >
            > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
            > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?

            hi Oniko,

            I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of rainbow
            colors

            the violet pink colorwas liked
            by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
            it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
            would be the color for mind.

            the heart [chakra] is associated with
            green and the third-eye with violet
            blue

            The 1-st chakra is associated with
            'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
            orange

            Karta
          • Onniko
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
              <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and
              all
              > > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation
              and
              > > it
              > > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
              > > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
              > > possibility
              > > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the
              eye.
              > > It
              > > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades
              exstence.

              > > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
              > > Being
              > > > of Self, before words.
              > > >
              > > > ml
              > >
              > > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
              > > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
              >

              > hi Oniko,
              >
              > I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of
              rainbow
              > colors
              >
              > the violet pink colorwas liked
              > by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
              > it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
              > would be the color for mind.
              >
              > the heart [chakra] is associated with
              > green and the third-eye with violet
              > blue
              >
              > The 1-st chakra is associated with
              > 'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
              > orange
              >
              > Karta

              I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the group
              picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
              your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
              tipped spines, haha?
            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
                group

                I visit the the webpage because I am on toy

                > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                > tipped spines, haha?

                oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe

                about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is associated
                with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:

                Brahma and Vishnu,
                who were arguing over their relative supremacy.

                Their vain arguments were interrupted
                by a superluminous glow from a strange
                and blazing pillar, its shape
                reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
                sped towards this indescribable flaming
                light, which grew before their eyes
                into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens.

                Overwhelmed and terrified by the
                unfathomable vision, the two gods
                decided to seek the beginning and end
                of this burning immensity. Brahma
                taking the form of a swan flew
                upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
                the shape of a boar.

                Both of the gods however, could not
                fathom the extent of this fiery column
                at either end, and returned exhausted
                and bewildered to the level they had
                started from.

                At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
                Shiva revealed himself in his full
                glory.

                Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
                bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,
                or the sound of AUM, issued from the
                pillar, filling the sky.

                Illustration:

                <http://www.exoticindia.com/artimages/ht74.jpg>

                Karta
              • Onniko
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2003
                  <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
                  > group
                  >
                  > I visit the the webpage because I am on toy
                  >

                  > > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                  > > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                  > > tipped spines, haha?
                  >
                  > oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe
                  >
                  > about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is
                  associated
                  > with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:
                  >
                  > Brahma and Vishnu,
                  > who were arguing over their relative supremacy.
                  >
                  > Their vain arguments were interrupted
                  > by a superluminous glow from a strange
                  > and blazing pillar, its shape
                  > reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
                  > sped towards this indescribable flaming
                  > light, which grew before their eyes
                  > into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the
                  heavens.

                  > Overwhelmed and terrified by the
                  > unfathomable vision, the two gods
                  > decided to seek the beginning and end
                  > of this burning immensity. Brahma
                  > taking the form of a swan flew
                  > upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
                  > the shape of a boar.
                  >
                  > Both of the gods however, could not
                  > fathom the extent of this fiery column
                  > at either end, and returned exhausted
                  > and bewildered to the level they had
                  > started from.
                  >
                  > At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
                  > Shiva revealed himself in his full
                  > glory.
                  >
                  > Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
                  > bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,