Question from email about OM and colors

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2003
      I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
      in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
      the artists colors
      L.
    • afshin taghizad
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
        THX A LOT.

        I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
        in its colors.  Or if the pictures I see are just
        the artists colors
        L.

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • mlcanow
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
          <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
          > THX A LOT.
          >

          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
          > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
          > the artists colors
          > L.

          OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
          pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and it
          is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
          Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite possibility
          of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye. It
          is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.

          Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure Being
          of Self, before words.

          ml
        • Onniko
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
            <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, afshin taghizad
            > <afshin_et12003@y...> wrote:
            > > THX A LOT.
            > >

            > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > > I was wondering if the om symbol had any meaning
            > > in its colors. Or if the pictures I see are just
            > > the artists colors
            > > L.
            > >

            > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
            > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
            it
            > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
            > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
            possibility
            > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
            It
            > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
            >
            > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
            Being
            > of Self, before words.
            >
            > ml

            Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
            correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
          • satkartar7
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
              > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and all
              > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation and
              > it
              > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
              > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
              > possibility
              > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the eye.
              > It
              > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades exstence.
              > >
              > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
              > Being
              > > of Self, before words.
              > >
              > > ml
              >
              > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
              > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?

              hi Oniko,

              I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of rainbow
              colors

              the violet pink colorwas liked
              by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
              it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
              would be the color for mind.

              the heart [chakra] is associated with
              green and the third-eye with violet
              blue

              The 1-st chakra is associated with
              'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
              orange

              Karta
            • Onniko
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > > > OM is the arising of the primordial sound over the eternal and
                all
                > > > pervading silence. Om is the first appearnce of manifestation
                and
                > > it
                > > > is recognized by the organ sense of the ear.
                > > > Color as in a rainbow, in all its hues, is the infinite
                > > possibility
                > > > of manifestation that is perceived by the organ sense of the
                eye.
                > > It
                > > > is the appearance over the blank emptiness that pervades
                exstence.

                > > > Sound and color are the first arising phenomena over the Pure
                > > Being
                > > > of Self, before words.
                > > >
                > > > ml
                > >
                > > Given that, is the question maybe "does the violet pink color
                > > correspond to a significant tone in the scale" ?
                >

                > hi Oniko,
                >
                > I like your and Maria Luisa's poetic description and the choise of
                rainbow
                > colors
                >
                > the violet pink colorwas liked
                > by Elisabeth C. Profet, for me
                > it is the color of Consiusness, yellow
                > would be the color for mind.
                >
                > the heart [chakra] is associated with
                > green and the third-eye with violet
                > blue
                >
                > The 1-st chakra is associated with
                > 'sex' is red and the 2-nd one is
                > orange
                >
                > Karta

                I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the group
                picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                tipped spines, haha?
              • satkartar7
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 8, 2003
                  > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
                  group

                  I visit the the webpage because I am on toy

                  > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                  > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                  > tipped spines, haha?

                  oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe

                  about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is associated
                  with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:

                  Brahma and Vishnu,
                  who were arguing over their relative supremacy.

                  Their vain arguments were interrupted
                  by a superluminous glow from a strange
                  and blazing pillar, its shape
                  reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
                  sped towards this indescribable flaming
                  light, which grew before their eyes
                  into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens.

                  Overwhelmed and terrified by the
                  unfathomable vision, the two gods
                  decided to seek the beginning and end
                  of this burning immensity. Brahma
                  taking the form of a swan flew
                  upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
                  the shape of a boar.

                  Both of the gods however, could not
                  fathom the extent of this fiery column
                  at either end, and returned exhausted
                  and bewildered to the level they had
                  started from.

                  At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
                  Shiva revealed himself in his full
                  glory.

                  Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
                  bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,
                  or the sound of AUM, issued from the
                  pillar, filling the sky.

                  Illustration:

                  <http://www.exoticindia.com/artimages/ht74.jpg>

                  Karta
                • Onniko
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 9, 2003
                    <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                    > > I liked MLs, too, but I was just asking a question because the
                    > group
                    >
                    > I visit the the webpage because I am on toy
                    >

                    > > picture is violet pink. Do you come to the group page or read in
                    > > your e-mail? Do you remember the violet pineapple with the gold
                    > > tipped spines, haha?
                    >
                    > oh Oniko! violet pinaple hehehe
                    >
                    > about OM and exoticindia I read it there, that the Aum is
                    associated
                    > with the roarong laughter of Shiva when the Gods were arguing:
                    >
                    > Brahma and Vishnu,
                    > who were arguing over their relative supremacy.
                    >
                    > Their vain arguments were interrupted
                    > by a superluminous glow from a strange
                    > and blazing pillar, its shape
                    > reminiscent of the linga. Both of them
                    > sped towards this indescribable flaming
                    > light, which grew before their eyes
                    > into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the
                    heavens.

                    > Overwhelmed and terrified by the
                    > unfathomable vision, the two gods
                    > decided to seek the beginning and end
                    > of this burning immensity. Brahma
                    > taking the form of a swan flew
                    > upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring
                    > the shape of a boar.
                    >
                    > Both of the gods however, could not
                    > fathom the extent of this fiery column
                    > at either end, and returned exhausted
                    > and bewildered to the level they had
                    > started from.
                    >
                    > At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and
                    > Shiva revealed himself in his full
                    > glory.
                    >
                    > Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu
                    > bowed before him. Thunderous laughter,