Re: 'I am' is True, all else is Inference of cannisters

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2003
      "And now for something completely different" as St. Monty would
      say. Here's Maira Louisa's reaction and comments (as reposted
      from here on Guru-Satsang by G-ji)about the same Sivananda article:

      Dear Ganga,
      my respect about your consacration.

      This post is so wonderful. All the knowledge comprised in so few
      lines. I am grateful for having this to read. The simple reading and
      withdrawing of its meaning produces such a connection within
      consciousness that it is blissful. I will dare to comment it for it
      is so beautiful and i cannot stop doing it.

      --- In Guru_Satsang@yahoogroups.com, "G" <crystalkundalini@h...>
      wrote:

      > Subject: Re: 'I am' is True, all else is Inference
      >

      > The sense of "I" is not the same as sensing "I Am"
      > Here's Swami Sivananda:
      >
      > Experience is never possible without consciousness.

      ****This is something so true that it is incredible that we aren't
      aware of it continuously.

      Anything
      > that is eternal must be infinite and unlimited. Consciousness is
      > unlimited; the consciousness of limitation shows that
      > consciousness is greater than limitation.

      ****What a simple statement and absolutely undeniable. Any person
      intelligent enough just have to read it once and cannot deny a simple
      word, for simple reason is the clue here.

      Perfection is the
      > attainment of immortal life or pure consciousness.

      ****This is something that produces so much fear. People fear the
      loss of personal life. And i understand it quite well by my own
      experience. This is why the glimpse of the preciousness of
      consciousness is what gives me enough strength to continue in giving
      up all the ideas of personal doership, even of a person existing. I
      cannot imagine how could i surrender entirely if i hadn't had this
      first experiential fussion in pure conciousness. Each day i
      understand more the words of Ramana: "Experience is said to be
      temporary or permanent. The first experience is temporary and by
      concentration it can become permanent. In the former the bondage is
      not completely destroyed; it remains subtle and it reasserts itself
      in due course. But in the latter it is destroyed root and branch,
      never to appear again." My comment here would be that even if the
      experience of bliss passes by in this first connection to pure
      consciousness, the truth is known at once and is impossible to
      forget. Even the experience is impossible to forget. But it is only a
      remembrance, not a living and continuous bliss. Not in my case at
      least.

      The enquiry
      > of, "Who am I?" leads to self-realisation (Brahma-jnana). Divine
      > wisdom can be attained only by those who are endowed with
      > purity. Tear the veil. Realise the reality.

      ****So near, so close, but the veil is also here, all the engagements
      of daily life that tend to make me forget momentarily.

      > Pain is the effect of not having what is wanted, or having what is
      > not wanted. Brahman is secondless. There is no pain or want in
      > Brahman. Therefore pain is impossible in the absolute. Contact
      > is the mother of pain. The absolute can have no contacts and
      > therefore no pain. Brahman is free from all wants and desires
      > because it includes everything in itself. Therefore it is an
      > embodiment of bliss.
      >
      > Bliss is not an attribute. It is the very constitutive essence of
      the
      > self, or atman. As the self is absolute in nature, its bliss is also
      > absolute. This is the same as Brahman.
      >
      > Annihilate the ego. Reach the goal here and now. Take the inner
      > essence and attain perfection. Relax not the keen vigilance
      > against your most subtle foes - egoism and desire. Where can
      > you see the Lord? I found the Lord where 'I' did not exist.

      ****This is so true. It is the truth. This is why all the atempts of
      the construed mind or ideas to obscure this unavoidable meaning are
      futile if i remain truthful and faithful upon that which i already
      know by experience and grace. It is hard........but this is the
      mind's opinion for its own protection and survival(jejejejeje).

      > Where there is no sense of 'I', there is liberation.

      ****We tend to confuse it all. There is consciousness of experience
      as said in the first lines of this writing, but we imagine that there
      is an I that is conscious, and the reality is that consciousness is
      counscious of this I, that the I sense is a derivation, a consequence
      of consciousness itself. If not, how can we say that there is an "I"
      if there is not consciousness of it? (My reflections about the whole
      issue)

      It is bondage to
      > have the sense of 'I' and 'mine'. Identify with the all-pervading
      > soul (atman). You will attain immortality. This is the secret of
      > eternal life.

      ****What i din't understood for such a long time whenever i read this
      issue of immortality, is that there is no body attaining it, but that
      just the dissapearance of the sense of individuality is immortality
      itself.

      > With the growth and expansion of your inmost being, you attain
      > greater perfection and fulfillment of yourself, and bliss is the
      > result thereof. Purge yourself from self-seeking and egoism.
      > Escape from space-time limitations. Lose all sense of
      > separateness. Unite with Brahman or the absolute. The practice
      > of the presence of God will cause the ego-veil to dissolve.

      ****This was a practice that we where so many times recommended to
      do. To be aware of the Presence.

      > Divine love will now manifest and eternal bliss will flow in. The
      > Lord's grace is ever upon sincere, selfless souls.
      >
      > SIVANANDA DAILY READING FOR 5 JULY
      > WAVES OF GANGA

      Beautiful post. Thank you.

      maria luisa