Re: [Meditation Society of America] Self-Improvement & Physical Practices

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 3, 2003
      Tony,

      I do believe you still feel there is a seperate entity
      that is doing all this. You are a single being with a
      physical aspect, mental aspect, emotional/spritual
      aspect. None of which there is a single you that can
      be pointed to that runs the whole show, not anywhere.
      Being with heart is nominal and is only a single
      aspect of this you that we can talk about. Something
      outside (singularly), that can be said to control a
      physical aspect just isn't anywhere, not even in
      heart.

      A you, without a doubt will love when it comes up, be
      nice, say lovely things, breath in and out and go
      about all your commings and goings. It's that simple,
      in all it's complexity.

      Peace and Love

      --- asimpjoy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > To the very ear of your ear,
      > ... And to the Silence and
      > Openness of the "Heart":
      >

      > ************************
      >
      > Physical practices have
      > a limit, as do all self-
      > improvement programs.
      >
      > Controlling action with an
      > agenda keeps one confined to
      > a pattern, and caught in the
      > conflict of overcoming.
      >
      > There is the pleasure of achievement,
      > and the pain of failure, both which
      > results in a preoccupation with the "I",
      > the "self" - the "me" and the "mine".
      >
      > In this way I am all the time
      > self-consciously "becoming more
      > or becoming less", as I measure,
      > and try to control "my progress".
      >
      > So the sense of an egotistical
      > self can become more solidified
      > each time I try to improve myself
      > with some daily agenda, and the
      > more I enforce it, the more I loose
      > the freedom of spontaneity.
      >
      > The mind does not know the way
      > to the "Unknown", and that is
      > why it is so essential to FEEL
      > the spontaneity of the "Heart",
      > and to let it dominate - to let
      > it have duration, so that it can
      > overcome all the ignorance and
      > pettiness of the mind.
      > ... Only then can there be "Freedom".
      >
      > Then Heart knows "The Way", but the
      > mind does not. The mind can only
      > accumulate negative or positive
      > vanity - in its sense of achievement
      > or failure, and in the sense of an
      > entity becoming more or less,
      > ... Because the mind does not have
      > the power of "Being".
      >
      > Love,
      > Tony

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2003

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.