savasana - Karta

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 5:47 PM
      Hi Karta,

      > Everyone in the class has their eyes open at all times, even in
      > Savasana,

      this is new for me!>>

      Well, there are several mini-savasanas
      in between asanas, and that is where
      we keep eyes open and focus on one spot
      on ceiling....but for the final one,  we close eyes.

      <<I've a teacher who likes to keep the
      eyes open [not during Savasana] and
      found out, that he was a Buddhist; who
      do meditate with the eyes open but
      DO NOT LOOK! it is an invard unfocused
      gaze>>

      Right.....it is more like a way to keep
      a one-point focus of mind, a mindfulness to
      the task at hand ONLY and not to
      let it wander off to anything else.....i try not blinking my
      eyes, too.

      Freyja