Re: Self-Improvement & Physical Practices

  • freyjartist
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 3 5:39 PM
      Hi Tony,

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, asimpjoy
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > To the very ear of your ear,
      > ... And to the Silence and
      > Openness of the "Heart":
      >

      > ************************
      >
      > Physical practices have
      > a limit, as do all self-
      > improvement programs.

      Oh, really?

      > Controlling action with an
      > agenda keeps one confined to
      > a pattern, and caught in the
      > conflict of overcoming.

      So you're saying that all physical
      practices and self-improvement
      programs are necessarily motivated
      by an agenda?

      > There is the pleasure of achievement,
      > and the pain of failure, both which
      > results in a preoccupation with the "I",
      > the "self" - the "me" and the "mine".

      There is also the condition where
      there is not difference between
      "achieving" and "failing".
      There is just the participating.
      And all of it is seen in the same
      light.

      > In this way I am all the time
      > self-consciously "becoming more
      > or becoming less", as I measure,
      > and try to control "my progress".

      This is not a "given" when it comes
      to physical pursuits, as you are
      seem to imply.

      > So the sense of an egotistical
      > self can become more solidified
      > each time I try to improve myself
      > with some daily agenda, and the
      > more I enforce it, the more I loose
      > the freedom of spontaneity.
      >
      > The mind does not know the way
      > to the "Unknown", and that is
      > why it is so essential to FEEL
      > the spontaneity of the "Heart",
      > and to let it dominate - to let
      > it have duration, so that it can
      > overcome all the ignorance and
      > pettiness of the mind.
      > ... Only then can there be "Freedom".
      >
      > Then Heart knows "The Way", but the
      > mind does not. The mind can only
      > accumulate negative or positive
      > vanity - in its sense of achievement
      > or failure, and in the sense of an
      > entity becoming more or less,
      > ... Because the mind does not have
      > the power of "Being".
      >
      > Love,
      > Tony

      There is no difference between
      heart and mind when they are
      fused together into one Will.
      And *you* have nothing to do
      with that happening or not happening.
      Either you think someone separate (you)
      is calling the shots, or not.

      When all activities are done
      for completion only,
      just because...

      they are undertaken, just because the desire is there,
      and for no other reason....

      they transpire only because the desire exists
      and that is all...

      not to "get something" or "to self-improve"
      but because if i am moved to do something,
      there is no reason for the fulfillment of it to be justified,
      rationalized, explained or fit into some idea
      of What is supposed to happen from this?

      Of course there may be side effects,
      and those are meant to happen
      exactly as they do, and one may notice
      and observe them. And certainly
      some 'conditions' are more desirable
      than others. But that is part of
      all that is happening, as well.

      An impulse may arise to do something....
      and then in the next instant another impulse
      may arise not to do that thing...so you
      may not do it, but then again, you might,
      if another impulse comes up to do that thing...

      and it's all.... just..... happening.

      The unification of mind and heart into
      One Will is not of your doing either.

      Freyja
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15 7:09 PM

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.