Re: Sahaja Samadhi

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi >
      > >
      > > When the sphere of Jnana Yoga is considered, it must be
      > appreciated
      > > > that at this stage in man's evolution the fruits gained long
      ago
      > > > through Hatha Yoga are an integral part of his nature and only
      > very
      > > > modified practices are needed to maintain a body fit for
      further
      > > > development.
      > >
      > > ON the same principle, not much atte3ntion needs to be
      > > > paid to Raja Yoga practices as such, at this stage the effort
      is
      > > > be made to control the mind itself consciously:
      > >
      > > The way I heard it was that early Hatha Yoga was instituted to
      > > straighten the spine for walking and chakra allighnment from the
      > > simian posture.
      > >
      > > This current phase is to learn to control the mind via Raja
      Yoga.
      > > seems to me that work in that area is not finished. No real
      > > conjunction between mythos and logos is really established on a
      > > general basis.
      > >
      > > Control of the vrittis and senses has not been accomplished and
      > > control of the mind is a fiction. The main perpetrator of that
      > > control would be the mind itself. If the author means laying
      aside
      > > the mind then that still is not a general accomplishment.
      > >
      > > Critically,
      > > Bobby G.
      >
      > devi: i have no idea what your talking about in most of your post,
      > bobby...i heard that hatha yoga was actually preperation for the
      > perfect lotus pose (that includes a straight spine) thats perfect
      > for meditation/samadhi....i have no idea what mythos and logos is,
      > what does that have to do with yoga? baba hari dass says that one
      > should control the mind, so i don't think its a fiction, and so on
      > and so forth, how are you doing.
      > smiles
      > chitra

      Hi Devi:

      The reference to Mythos and Logos has to do with the instinctive
      mind and the conscious mind. Hormonal cocktails supply us with
      most of our actions every day and that would be on the instinctive
      level.

      Control of this cannot be a conscious act.

      Raja Yoga tells us to set up subliminal activators, or tendencies,
      that curtail runaway instincts such as gluttony etc. These actually
      are just blockages to the conscious evolution. That is, the
      tendencies we need to set up are ones designed to not block our
      evolution. For instance, devotion to the truth as an overriding
      influence will in time overcome any harmful blockage. That is why
      it occupies a central position in Kriya Yoga.

      What I meant by controling the mind is a fiction is that thoughts are
      presented without volition.
      You cannot stop a thought with the mind. Such control does not
      exist. But
      the control to eliminate its tendency to arise, IMO, does exist.

      I am fat and happy, and you?

      Love
      Bobby G.
      ps. I dont like to disagree with authorities myself because a lot of
      what I think is true is echoed by the people whose words I read. The
      overall structure of one's inner model, though, is hard to describe
      in these small posts.
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2003

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.