Re: Sahaja Samadhi

  • devianandi
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 1, 2003
      <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi >
      >
      > When the sphere of Jnana Yoga is considered, it must be
      appreciated
      > > that at this stage in man's evolution the fruits gained long ago
      > > through Hatha Yoga are an integral part of his nature and only
      very
      > > modified practices are needed to maintain a body fit for further
      > > development.
      >
      > ON the same principle, not much atte3ntion needs to be
      > > paid to Raja Yoga practices as such, at this stage the effort is
      > > be made to control the mind itself consciously:
      >
      > The way I heard it was that early Hatha Yoga was instituted to
      > straighten the spine for walking and chakra allighnment from the
      > simian posture.
      >
      > This current phase is to learn to control the mind via Raja Yoga.
      > seems to me that work in that area is not finished. No real
      > conjunction between mythos and logos is really established on a
      > general basis.
      >
      > Control of the vrittis and senses has not been accomplished and
      > control of the mind is a fiction. The main perpetrator of that
      > control would be the mind itself. If the author means laying aside
      > the mind then that still is not a general accomplishment.
      >
      > Critically,
      > Bobby G.

      devi: i have no idea what your talking about in most of your post,
      bobby...i heard that hatha yoga was actually preperation for the
      perfect lotus pose (that includes a straight spine) thats perfect
      for meditation/samadhi....i have no idea what mythos and logos is,
      what does that have to do with yoga? baba hari dass says that one
      should control the mind, so i don't think its a fiction, and so on
      and so forth, how are you doing.
      smiles
      chitra
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2003

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.