Re: Sahaja Samadhi

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 30, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi >

      When the sphere of Jnana Yoga is considered, it must be appreciated
      > that at this stage in man's evolution the fruits gained long ago
      > through Hatha Yoga are an integral part of his nature and only very
      > modified practices are needed to maintain a body fit for further
      > development.

      ON the same principle, not much atte3ntion needs to be
      > paid to Raja Yoga practices as such, at this stage the effort is to
      > be made to control the mind itself consciously:

      The way I heard it was that early Hatha Yoga was instituted to
      straighten the spine for walking and chakra allighnment from the
      simian posture.

      This current phase is to learn to control the mind via Raja Yoga. I
      seems to me that work in that area is not finished. No real
      conjunction between mythos and logos is really established on a
      general basis.

      Control of the vrittis and senses has not been accomplished and
      control of the mind is a fiction. The main perpetrator of that
      control would be the mind itself. If the author means laying aside
      the mind then that still is not a general accomplishment.

      Critically,
      Bobby G.
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2003

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.