Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sahaja Samadhi

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 30, 2003
      On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:14:28 -0000 "Nina" <murrkis@...> writes:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Greg Goode
      > <goode@d...> wrote:
      > > At 07:48 PM 6/30/2003 +0000, Nina wrote:
      > > philosophy than asana. So, in her yoga classes, she would put
      > people
      > > in asanas, but spend most of the time talking about philosophy. My
      >
      > > job was to go around and provide adjustments (and teach asana) as
      >
      > the
      > > other teacher led the sequence.
      > >
      > > Hi Nina,
      > >
      > > Would the teacher herself go into those positions while she was
      > talking about philosophy? Or would she sit comfortably? :-)
      > >
      > > --Greg
      >
      > LOL! That would have been an entertaining study in full meditation
      > (!), but no, she would enter the asana briefly, but then stand or
      > sit
      > as she yammered philosophy. :)

      I love that word, "yammer"
      -- it's right up there with
      "palaver" when used to
      describe what self-indulgent
      teachers tend to do! :-)

      Thanks, Nina!

      http://come.to/realization
      http://www.atman.net/realization
      http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucemrg.htm
      http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/brucsong.htm

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • texasbg2000
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 15, 2003

        > You're welcome, and glad for the chuckle, Bobby.
        >
        > And yes, we must always keep in mind the
        > unrembemberable.
        >
        > Love,
        > Dan

        Hi Dan:

        Always good to hear from you. If you decide to run for prez I will
        vote for you.

        Love
        Bobby G.