Love - Steven Harrison

  • Judi Rhodes
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
      Jesus put the icing on the cake by directing us to love our neighbor as ourselves, which is about all we have left to do when we are everything. These are straightforward operating instructions. You are everything, so love your neighbor, who, by the way, happens to be yourself, anyway.

      But it is far too simple to think of it that way, so we had to create thousands of books to explain what these visionairies were saying. Now there are various schools of thought, churches, sects, priests, teachers, and systems we can choose from. It is truly confusing and we are relieved to be confused. Otherwise we would have had to live the simplicity of love.

      We are afraid to step out of our fear, and to love. In the recognition of the human condition in all of us, that we're all alike, we find that compassion arises. We are them. We are the human condition. And knowing this, unavoidably we find compassion, connection, we fall in love.

      We fall in love with ourselves, with each other, with the human condition. Love, in the end, doesn't come from being loving. It comes from being human. It comes from our failure to love and from our fear of love. The mythic Jesus, after all, was incarnate as a human being. He had all the passions of a human and all the failures. In between some fairly impressive miracles, he perceived that the other is ourself.

      That's the miracle.

      The other is ourself, because, in fact, there is no self to be other, and no other to be other.

      Happy Days,
      Judi

      http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/judi-1.htm

    • silauto
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 4:55 AM
        Hi Judi and All,
        I have an interpretation which is strange.
        To Love is to give something to someone the way you'd expected to
        have received, or to do unto others as others would have done unto
        you.

        Jesus said to Love God, and to love thy neighbor as thyself.

        What are the ways to perform the above feats seems to be a big
        confusion for many. What can you give to GOD? There seems to be only
        one thing that God had given to you, but out of Love will not take
        back---FREE WILL-- unless for oneness with God you want to surrender
        the same back to Him.

        Secondly what is the best gift for your neighbor?Wine? Women? or
        Wealth? Material gifts will make your neighbor dependent on you. So
        the only thing that should be given to your neighbors is to show him
        how to Love God so that he too can be one with God.

        Jesus out of Love for man, wanted all to become one with God, and
        thus showed us the way of Love, by becoming one with God Himself.

        Howzzat? This is from my Channelling experiences so I welcome
        comments on the same.

        Love. Dinesh.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Judi Rhodes"