Re: [Meditation Society of America] Namaste corrected

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
      --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:

      > >***** OOps I meant intangled :) Although, >Untagled
      > is
      > >a great word too!
      >

      > En-tangled is also a great word.
      >
      > Funny that you and I are both getting
      > tangled-up in the spelling of that word.
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > Sorry for the spelling errors, folks. I keep
      > forgetting that my spell-check is not
      > automatic when I use the 'reply' function.
      >
      > It is automatic when I 'create mail', however.
      >
      > How do others of you spell-check your posts when
      > using the reply function?
      >
      > Melody

      I don't use it... obviously :)

      Peace and Love

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Gene Poole
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
        > "Melody" <melodyande@c...> wrote:
        >

        > >***** OOps I meant intangled :) Although, >Untagled is
        > >a great word too!
        >

        > En-tangled is also a great word.
        >
        > Funny that you and I are both getting
        > tangled-up in the spelling of that word.
        >
        > :-)
        >
        > Sorry for the spelling errors, folks. I keep
        > forgetting that my spell-check is not
        > automatic when I use the 'reply' function.
        >
        > It is automatic when I 'create mail', however.
        >
        > How do others of you spell-check your posts when
        > using the reply function?
        >
        > Melody

        My email application Eudora automatically spell-checks.

        If I post to the web interface, I use the 'check spelling
        as you type' feature of Safari, the new Apple/Mac web
        browser. Safari runs only on Mac OS X (Open-source UNIX).

        The problem with all spell checkers, is that if a word is
        mistyped (say, if I type 'to' instead of 'too'), the spell
        checker sees it spelled correctly, even though it is not the
        word I meant to use.

        This syndrome (of the use of the wrong word, albeit
        spelled correctly) is bemoaned by teachers of English,
        who have learned to grade papers inclusive of actual
        effort (use of computer vs hand or typewriter effort).

        It also afflicts copy editors of print publications, whose
        job includes not only checking for spelling, but also for
        grammar and syntax. In other words, a 'couple' is not
        to people, it is two people.

        http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,58058,00.html

        ==GP==
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
          I'm quite suprised that microsoft has a grammer
          checker and has had one for sometime, yet major
          publishing apps like Quark, Pagemaker and Indesign
          don't have this feature integrated. Quark has a
          plug-in, Pagemaker and Indesign have story editors,
          but no type as you go checkers built in.

          Mas OSX is the bomb, hehe, for the moment. I
          especially like the sliding and fading dialogs, much
          cuter/realistic then zoom rectangles. Wonder what the
          G5 will bring.

          Peace and Love

          http://sbc.yahoo.com