3 Questions

    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 2, 2002
      Questions from an email:<br>Can meditation help
      in gaining psychic skills?<br>Do incense and music
      help meditation?<br>My body twitches and I have to
      swallow alot when I do breathing techniques. What can
      help this?<br>Answers:<br>There may or may not be a
      connection between meditation and psychic ability.One of the
      things that meditation practice lets you do is to
      increase your concentration skills. So, if a meditator is
      trying to focus on something, it is less likely that
      they will be distracted. Also important is that a
      meditator becomes able to empty their mind. This would
      enable new thoughts and feelings(sometime called"psychic
      impressions")to come in.<br><br>For some people, incense and
      music can be very soothing and condusive to meditation.
      For other people, they will be distracting. You will
      have<br>to experiment to see what works best for
      you.<br><br>As far as not being able to concentrate because your
      body, mind, or emotions distract you, this happens to
      every meditator. When this happens, you<br>have the
      opportunity to learn what takes you peace away from you. Once
      you discover this, you can learn to either ignore
      these things, or do<br>something to prevent their
      occuring. So, actually, it is a good thing that your
      meditation was<br>interrupted because by recognizing what
      caused it, you will soon be able to deal with what
      distracts you during the usual events in your
      life.<br><br>I hope this helps.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        me.... I am so glad for