Re: [Meditation Society of America] Namaste

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
      >Namaste -
      >  There is no reason to remain on this line .....  my
      function is that
      of Guru and not armchair philosophy endlessly debating that
      which cannot be debated ......
      >  debating is separation and mental strivings rather than the
      Bliss of Sat*Chit* Anand which simply IS when mind stills ......
      >why
      to chase weeds when simply there is a garden of delight
      always at hand ?

      I don't know why you do this either, Ganga.

      But rather than  continuing to follow  your pattern
      of:  getting intangled in these 'debates', and then
      announcing either you have no time for
      such stuff - or that you are too blissed
      out to participate in such stuff,

      why not just stop and look at this
      'involvement' head on?

      Why not investigate what compells
      you to keep dancing this same pattern
      over and over again?

      It would take less time than telling
      someone again that they "don't know
      what they are talking about".  Less time
      than to tell us for the umpteenth time just
      how 'complete' and 'balanced' you are.

      Melody

    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
        --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:
        > >Namaste -
        >
        > > There is no reason to remain on this line .....
        > my function is that
        > of Guru and not armchair philosophy endlessly
        > debating that
        > which cannot be debated ......
        >
        > > debating is separation and mental strivings
        > rather than the
        > Bliss of Sat*Chit* Anand which simply IS when mind
        > stills ......
        > >why to chase weeds when simply there is a garden of
        > delight
        > always at hand ?
        >

        > I don't know why you do this either, Ganga.

        You do know why, Frustration. Giving up the ghost for
        the umpteenth time until giving up isn't an option :)

        > But rather than continuing to follow your pattern
        > of: getting intangled in these 'debates', and then
        > announcing either you have no time for
        > such stuff - or that you are too blissed
        > out to participate in such stuff,

        Precisely so, untangled is a great word.

        > why not just stop and look at this
        > 'involvement' head on?

        It could be concluded that she is afraid that she
        would be suffering if she were to look again. Much
        better to feel one is on top of the game, this gives
        one power to remain in control. It's a great teaching,
        although she's not a great example of such.

        > Why not investigate what compells
        > you to keep dancing this same pattern
        > over and over again?

        Exactly, in investigating such a pattern, one exposes
        the pattern that is suffering itself. Better to not do
        as such and continue feeling blissful. It's a great
        teaching, really. Tie yourself to a believe, lock it
        down without a doubt in your mind and whala.

        > It would take less time than telling
        > someone again that they "don't know
        > what they are talking about". Less time
        > than to tell us for the umpteenth time just
        > how 'complete' and 'balanced' you are.
        >
        > Melody

        Please believe, she nor you are away from this, that
        is, as such, Nor will you ever be away. Yet you can
        certainly lock down a belief, any belief to make it so
        for you :) It matters not, to you if there is
        substance behind the truth, if someone agrees with
        your truth as such, you know the know, that is all
        that is required.

        Peace and Love

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
          --- Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@...> wrote:

          > --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:
          > > >Namaste -
          > >
          > > > There is no reason to remain on this line .....
          >
          > > my function is that
          > > of Guru and not armchair philosophy endlessly
          > > debating that
          > > which cannot be debated ......
          > >
          > > > debating is separation and mental strivings
          > > rather than the
          > > Bliss of Sat*Chit* Anand which simply IS when mind
          > > stills ......
          > > >why to chase weeds when simply there is a garden
          > of
          > > delight
          > > always at hand ?
          > >

          > > I don't know why you do this either, Ganga.
          >
          > You do know why, Frustration. Giving up the ghost
          > for
          > the umpteenth time until giving up isn't an option
          > :)
          >
          > > But rather than continuing to follow your
          > pattern
          > > of: getting intangled in these 'debates', and
          > then
          > > announcing either you have no time for
          > > such stuff - or that you are too blissed
          > > out to participate in such stuff,
          >
          > Precisely so, untangled is a great word.

          ***** OOps I meant intangled :) Although, Untagled is
          a great word too!

          > > why not just stop and look at this
          > > 'involvement' head on?
          >
          > It could be concluded that she is afraid that she
          > would be suffering if she were to look again. Much
          > better to feel one is on top of the game, this gives
          > one power to remain in control. It's a great
          > teaching,
          > although she's not a great example of such.
          >
          > > Why not investigate what compells
          > > you to keep dancing this same pattern
          > > over and over again?
          >
          > Exactly, in investigating such a pattern, one
          > exposes
          > the pattern that is suffering itself. Better to not
          > do
          > as such and continue feeling blissful. It's a great
          > teaching, really. Tie yourself to a believe, lock it
          > down without a doubt in your mind and whala.
          >
          > > It would take less time than telling
          > > someone again that they "don't know
          > > what they are talking about". Less time
          > > than to tell us for the umpteenth time just
          > > how 'complete' and 'balanced' you are.
          > >
          > > Melody
          >
          > Please believe, she nor you are away from this, that
          > is, as such, Nor will you ever be away. Yet you can
          > certainly lock down a belief, any belief to make it
          > so
          > for you :) It matters not, to you if there is
          > substance behind the truth, if someone agrees with
          > your truth as such, you know the know, that is all
          > that is required.
          >
          > Peace and Love

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Melody
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003

            >***** OOps I meant
            intangled :) Although, >Untagled is
            >a great word too!

            En-tangled is also a great word.

            Funny that you and I are both getting
            tangled-up in the spelling of that word.

            :-)

            Sorry for the spelling errors, folks.  I keep
            forgetting that my spell-check is not
            automatic when I use the 'reply' function.

            It is automatic when I 'create mail', however.

            How do others of you spell-check your posts when
            using the reply function?

            Melody
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
              --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:

              > >***** OOps I meant intangled :) Although, >Untagled
              > is
              > >a great word too!
              >

              > En-tangled is also a great word.
              >
              > Funny that you and I are both getting
              > tangled-up in the spelling of that word.
              >
              > :-)
              >
              > Sorry for the spelling errors, folks. I keep
              > forgetting that my spell-check is not
              > automatic when I use the 'reply' function.
              >
              > It is automatic when I 'create mail', however.
              >
              > How do others of you spell-check your posts when
              > using the reply function?
              >
              > Melody

              I don't use it... obviously :)

              Peace and Love

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Gene Poole
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
                > "Melody" <melodyande@c...> wrote:
                >

                > >***** OOps I meant intangled :) Although, >Untagled is
                > >a great word too!
                >

                > En-tangled is also a great word.
                >
                > Funny that you and I are both getting
                > tangled-up in the spelling of that word.
                >
                > :-)
                >
                > Sorry for the spelling errors, folks. I keep
                > forgetting that my spell-check is not
                > automatic when I use the 'reply' function.
                >
                > It is automatic when I 'create mail', however.
                >
                > How do others of you spell-check your posts when
                > using the reply function?
                >
                > Melody

                My email application Eudora automatically spell-checks.

                If I post to the web interface, I use the 'check spelling
                as you type' feature of Safari, the new Apple/Mac web
                browser. Safari runs only on Mac OS X (Open-source UNIX).

                The problem with all spell checkers, is that if a word is
                mistyped (say, if I type 'to' instead of 'too'), the spell
                checker sees it spelled correctly, even though it is not the
                word I meant to use.

                This syndrome (of the use of the wrong word, albeit
                spelled correctly) is bemoaned by teachers of English,
                who have learned to grade papers inclusive of actual
                effort (use of computer vs hand or typewriter effort).

                It also afflicts copy editors of print publications, whose
                job includes not only checking for spelling, but also for
                grammar and syntax. In other words, a 'couple' is not
                to people, it is two people.

                http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,58058,00.html

                ==GP==
              • Jason Fishman
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 29, 2003
                  I'm quite suprised that microsoft has a grammer
                  checker and has had one for sometime, yet major
                  publishing apps like Quark, Pagemaker and Indesign
                  don't have this feature integrated. Quark has a
                  plug-in, Pagemaker and Indesign have story editors,
                  but no type as you go checkers built in.

                  Mas OSX is the bomb, hehe, for the moment. I
                  especially like the sliding and fading dialogs, much
                  cuter/realistic then zoom rectangles. Wonder what the
                  G5 will bring.

                  Peace and Love

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com