Re: Mandukya 2 staza OM

  • G
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2003
      "satkartar7" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:

      > 4. Om is the bow, the Self is the arrow, Brahman is called its
      aim. It is to be hit by a man who is not thoughtless; and then, as
      the arrow (becomes one with the target), he will become one
      with Brahman.

      > 5. In him the heaven, the earth, and the sky are woven, the
      mind also with all the senses. Know him alone as the Self, and
      leave off other words! He is the bridge of the Immortal.

      > 6. He moves about becoming manifold within the heart where
      the arteries meet, like spokes fastened to the nave. Meditate on
      the Self as Om! Flail to you, that you may cross beyond (the sea
      of) darkness!

      > 7. He who understands all and who knows all, he to whom all
      this glory in the world belongs, the Self, is placed in the ether, in
      the heavenly city of Brahman (the heart). He assumes the nature
      of mind, and becomes the guide of the body of the senses. He
      subsists in food, in close proximity to the heart. The wise who
      understand this, behold the Immortal which shines forth full of
      bliss.

      > 8. The fetter of the heart is broken, all doubts are solved, all his
      works (and their effects) perish when He has been beheld who
      is high and low (cause and effect).

      > 9. In the highest golden sheath there is the Brahman without
      passions and without parts. That is pure, that is the light of
      lights, that is it which they know who know the Self.

      > <http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/upan/up07.htm>

      G: the OM can help to still the mind ...... from this then one still
      must surrender Om and Self or I Am are not ParaBrahman.....

      Self Enquiry will undo the last of the knots ......

      now where is the rest of that text ?

      10. The sun does not thine there, nor the moon and the stars,
      nor these lightnings, and much less this fire. When he shines,
      everything shines after him; by his light all this is lighted.

      11. That immortal Brahman is before, that Brahman is behind,
      that Brahman is right and left. It has gone forth below and above;
      Brahman alone is all this, it is the best.

      G: right there is NO visible light there yet it is the Light of all
      lights........ ParaBrahman is beyond the shakti realm of lights
      and sounds........ Brahman is the most subtle before
      ParaBrahman .......

      when you are pulled into a Nirvikalpa Samadhi this will be
      Known most Absolutely ....... if you have done the work needed
      than a permanent Nirvikalpa or Sarvikalpa Sahaja Samdhi will
      remain..........