Re: To Bob Rose - Your meditation practice

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27 11:43 PM
      "steve" <spirit5562000@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Bob,
      >
      > I know you are big on Sivananda and must practice something according
      > to that, but I don't remember reading anything about your own formal
      > practice. If you wouldn't mind sharing a little, I would love to hear
      > about your own formal practice. What kind of meditation practice do
      > you do, are you a Jnani or Bhakti practicioner, how many years have
      > you been meditating, what are the benefits you have noticed, and do
      > you still meditate and how often? Thanks for sharing if you feel
      > inclined to.

      Yo Steve,
      Actually, I'm not inclined... I'm sitting upright:-)But since
      you asked...
      My "formal practice" isn't that formal and is pretty freeflowing.
      Witnessing my life as it takes place is the general formula,
      and for specifics, you can check out our web site,
      Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com
      Some of the the things I like to share from my 40+ years of
      meditating are the immense value of compassion, humility, and
      selfless action, the validity of "Thy will be done", and
      appreciation for the freedom experienced in not identifying
      with the body, mind, emotions, or other finite phenomena. And
      that the Eagles will win the next Super Bowl:-)