Journal Entry-Eve August 20

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2002
      Date: August 20, 2002
      Time: 8:45am
      Duration: 40 minutes
      Position: sitting in chair, eyes closed, hands resting on knees
      Technique: Body and breath awareness
      Variation: chanted OM silently

      Took a while to get going today. Mind chatter was fairly high. I
      didn't get swept away by thoughts, but certain ones kept coming up so
      I decided to follow them for a while. I realized that I tend to
      attach a lot of emotion to certain thoughts. I also realized that I
      want to "feel good" about certain things; like resolving a particular
      issue or something. And the "not feeling good" about it, leads to
      continuous mind chatter about it. I realized that sometimes, I am
      just not going to feel good about something, and I have to let it go
      at that. I think the way I may feel about something has to do with
      whether or not things work out the way I want them to. I felt like I
      had a little more clarity after my session today.