Re: Eve's Journal Entries

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hi Eve,
      First of all, I for one, hope you keep posting your journal, and this
      was one of the topics we discussed at the class last Saturday. We had
      a lady there, for her first class with us, who always journals and I
      was telling how Swami Sivananda always requested his devotees to mail
      him their journals so he could review them and then help them. There
      were also several other coincidences (there really are none), such
      as... Barbara and Helene were there and were asking about you. And
      then Barbara pulls out Pem Chandra's Way of No Escape, and says that
      she is reading it and loves it. Carol and a friend of hers immediatly
      write down the title and are going to get it. It's a small universe,
      ain't it! The rest of the class was the usual...Since the Eagles did
      very poorly in their last game, I whined a lot about their Super Bowl
      hopes, and particularly about their need for a wide-out who can get
      off of blocks (they did sign one this week!), and of course a couple
      of Mullah Nasrudin jokes. Oh yeah, we also did a few meditations and
      discussed a few meditation concepts. As far as the MCCC classes, they
      start Fri. 9/13 and will be from 7 to 8:30pm, every other week. There
      will be 7 classes. I think that the Haverford classes do not have the
      correct start date on Meditation Station. They start 9/30, Mondays,
      6:30 to 8pm...5 classes, every other week. Anyway, I'm glad you're
      back and survived another wet Folk Festival.
      eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone. I haven't posted any journal entries in a while, and
      in
      > case any of you were concerned, no, I have not been abducted by
      > aliens. Just busy. And, I haven't been meditating as often as I
      was.
      > Only about once or twice a week. I'm still keeping a journal; I
      just
      > haven't been posting my entries. I'm not sure if I should continue
      > post them or not. They aren't too exciting. Is anyone interested in
      > reading them? Anyway, I have noticed a couple of things since I
      > haven't been meditating as much. One is that I find I am less
      patient
      > and more susceptible to getting swept away by my emotions. But, at
      > the same time, I am having moments throughout the day when I
      suddenly
      > become aware of the moment (my environment, my body, my thoughts).
      > seem to have an increased awareness at times. I meditated this
      > morning and my concentration wasn't very good and I ended my
      session
      > after 15 minutes. I definitely feel that meditation is something
      that
      > improves with practice. Or rather it's your concentration that
      > improves, letting meditation happen more easily. When I don't do it
      > on a regular basis, it becomes harder to concentrate. So, I'm
      trying
      > to keep the momentum going.
      > Hey Bob, I was sorry to miss class on Saturday. I was at the
      > Philadelphia Folk Festival, which was great fun. I'm looking
      forward
      > to the Mont. Co. classes. When does the first one start?
      > Happy meditating everyone.
      >
      > Eve
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
        Hi Eve,

        I look forward to your journal entries. I find them very encouraging. There
        is a feeling of kinship I get when I read them, most especially when I have
        experienced what you mention in your journal.

        I forgot to mention that I enjoyed your neon sculptures. I saw them around
        the time I had connection problems.

        ...Tony