Eve's Journal Entries

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hi everyone. I haven't posted any journal entries in a while, and in
      case any of you were concerned, no, I have not been abducted by
      aliens. Just busy. And, I haven't been meditating as often as I was.
      Only about once or twice a week. I'm still keeping a journal; I just
      haven't been posting my entries. I'm not sure if I should continue to
      post them or not. They aren't too exciting. Is anyone interested in
      reading them? Anyway, I have noticed a couple of things since I
      haven't been meditating as much. One is that I find I am less patient
      and more susceptible to getting swept away by my emotions. But, at
      the same time, I am having moments throughout the day when I suddenly
      become aware of the moment (my environment, my body, my thoughts). I
      seem to have an increased awareness at times. I meditated this
      morning and my concentration wasn't very good and I ended my session
      after 15 minutes. I definitely feel that meditation is something that
      improves with practice. Or rather it's your concentration that
      improves, letting meditation happen more easily. When I don't do it
      on a regular basis, it becomes harder to concentrate. So, I'm trying
      to keep the momentum going.
      Hey Bob, I was sorry to miss class on Saturday. I was at the
      Philadelphia Folk Festival, which was great fun. I'm looking forward
      to the Mont. Co. classes. When does the first one start?
      Happy meditating everyone.

      Eve
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
        Hi Eve,
        First of all, I for one, hope you keep posting your journal, and this
        was one of the topics we discussed at the class last Saturday. We had
        a lady there, for her first class with us, who always journals and I
        was telling how Swami Sivananda always requested his devotees to mail
        him their journals so he could review them and then help them. There
        were also several other coincidences (there really are none), such
        as... Barbara and Helene were there and were asking about you. And
        then Barbara pulls out Pem Chandra's Way of No Escape, and says that
        she is reading it and loves it. Carol and a friend of hers immediatly
        write down the title and are going to get it. It's a small universe,
        ain't it! The rest of the class was the usual...Since the Eagles did
        very poorly in their last game, I whined a lot about their Super Bowl
        hopes, and particularly about their need for a wide-out who can get
        off of blocks (they did sign one this week!), and of course a couple
        of Mullah Nasrudin jokes. Oh yeah, we also did a few meditations and
        discussed a few meditation concepts. As far as the MCCC classes, they
        start Fri. 9/13 and will be from 7 to 8:30pm, every other week. There
        will be 7 classes. I think that the Haverford classes do not have the
        correct start date on Meditation Station. They start 9/30, Mondays,
        6:30 to 8pm...5 classes, every other week. Anyway, I'm glad you're
        back and survived another wet Folk Festival.
        eveneon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone. I haven't posted any journal entries in a while, and
        in
        > case any of you were concerned, no, I have not been abducted by
        > aliens. Just busy. And, I haven't been meditating as often as I
        was.
        > Only about once or twice a week. I'm still keeping a journal; I
        just
        > haven't been posting my entries. I'm not sure if I should continue
        > post them or not. They aren't too exciting. Is anyone interested in
        > reading them? Anyway, I have noticed a couple of things since I
        > haven't been meditating as much. One is that I find I am less
        patient
        > and more susceptible to getting swept away by my emotions. But, at
        > the same time, I am having moments throughout the day when I
        suddenly
        > become aware of the moment (my environment, my body, my thoughts).
        > seem to have an increased awareness at times. I meditated this
        > morning and my concentration wasn't very good and I ended my
        session
        > after 15 minutes. I definitely feel that meditation is something
        that
        > improves with practice. Or rather it's your concentration that
        > improves, letting meditation happen more easily. When I don't do it
        > on a regular basis, it becomes harder to concentrate. So, I'm
        trying
        > to keep the momentum going.
        > Hey Bob, I was sorry to miss class on Saturday. I was at the
        > Philadelphia Folk Festival, which was great fun. I'm looking
        forward
        > to the Mont. Co. classes. When does the first one start?
        > Happy meditating everyone.
        >
        > Eve
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
          Hi Eve,

          I look forward to your journal entries. I find them very encouraging. There
          is a feeling of kinship I get when I read them, most especially when I have
          experienced what you mention in your journal.

          I forgot to mention that I enjoyed your neon sculptures. I saw them around
          the time I had connection problems.

          ...Tony