Re: relaying my life & a question

    Message 1 of 197 , Dec 30, 2001
      First of all, thanks for the encouraging words.
      Now to the question. I too had breathing awareness as
      the prime meditation technique that I used for almost
      20 years. Similarly to you, I too began to use it
      during seated meditation as well as during movement. I
      also began to become aware of more and more things
      that were in the "Now" (like heartbeat/pulse,etc.).
      Eventually, I found that 3rd eye technique became part of
      what presented itself as my Concentration merged into
      Meditation and Meditation into Contemplation.<br>I think
      that this is a natural process, and that what you need
      for your spiritual evolution will naturally,
      effortlessly present itself without your having to do anything
      "new". The classic teachings point to continuing doing
      what has brought you success (peace) in meditation.
      The more you do it, the closer you come to not having
      to "do" anything and to experiencing your meditation
      coming to you. There is a cliche that says that when you
      need a teacher, one will come to you. The best teacher
      is your meditation, and when you need it, it will
      evolve and your serenity, knowledge, and bliss will grow
      as well. Evolutionarily, eventually, you will live
      happily ever after.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: