Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21 9:50 PM
      Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda, founder of the Integral Yoga
      Institute, passed away on Monday in India. He was perhaps the
      greatest influence in the direction of the Meditation Society of
      America. His encouragement and blessings will always be in our hearts
      as a never-ending inspiration to be righteous, humble, and
      compassionate in all our efforts.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22 1:56 AM
        Hi Bob,

        Sorry to hear about the passing away of Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda.
        Would it be possible to have a brief summary of his life and how he
        influenced the Meditation Society of America? I, and I think others, would
        like to know more.

        Thanks...Tony

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22 9:34 AM
          Dear Tony and all,
          Swami Satchidananda was one of the disciples of Swami Sivananda. He
          first came to the US in 1966. He was the founder of the Integral Yoga
          Institutes. In 1979, he established the Satchidananda Ashram in
          Yogaville, Buckingham, Virginia. His motto was "Truth is One, Paths
          are Many". He was one of worlds greatest yoga and meditation masters
          as well as one of the leading proponents of interfaith services and
          conferences. As far as our association with him, Swamiji personally
          blessed the aim and work of the Meditation Society of America to
          spread meditation knowledge freely, with compassion and humility, to
          all who seek it. This was just in his openhearted desire to help all
          who are trying to live up to his Guru's direction to "Be good. Do
          good." His enlightened wisdom is well demonstrated in the articles he
          contributed to our newsletter, The Inner Traveler. To further get to
          know Sri Gurudev and his works, I suggest checking out the IYI web
          site at: http://www.yogaville.org His light lives on in the many
          Swamis he initiated, and the hundreds of yoga teachers all over the
          world, that have been graced by his yoga and meditation instruction.
          Similarly, we feel deeply blessed to have had his love and support.
          Bob

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23 2:55 AM
            Hi Bob,

            Thank you for the brief bio of Swami Satchidananda. I felt a wave of
            gratitude and love flow through me as I read it. It is clear that Swami
            Satchidananda lives on in your words and your works.

            Thanks again...Tony
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 25 4:51 PM
              A beautiful tribute to Sri Swami Satchidananda by Swami Adhyatmananda
              can be found at:
              http://www.divyajivan.org/articles/adhyatma/satchid.htm
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 13, 2004
                The current Weekly Words of Wisdom:

                Who will liberate you? Nobody except you yourself. By being the
                witness, you are watching your mind. When you begin to watch your
                mind, the mind becomes careful.

                It's almost like when you don't watch kids, for example. If you keep
                an eye on them, they will be quiet. The minute mommy turns the other
                way, the boy is ready to do something terrible.

                The mind is like your baby. If you don't watch, it will do all kinds
                of atrocities. But when the mind knows that you're watching, it will
                be careful. So, keep watching your mind, and let the mind do a good
                job. That means, you are doing, at the same time not doing.

                God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi

                H.H. Sri Durudev Swami Satchidananda