Re: [Meditation Society of America] Journal Entry - August 19 - tosime

    Message 1 of 99 , Aug 19 6:17 AM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@l...> wrote:

      >I practice attention by waiting alertly for the next stimuli...
      >
      > I practice acceptance by not reacting to whatever comes up...

      > Physical relaxation is so deep...

      > I find observing the memory creation process fascinating...

      > The skills and attitudes I develop during meditation are very
      useful in day to day situations because they help me to stay calm,
      stay focused and understand the deeper processes that are happening
      in my mind.

      Dear Tony,
      This is a beautiful example of what meditation is about and how it
      segues and benefits our moment to moment life. Thanks for sharing.
      Bob
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....