[Meditation Society of America] Re: In realization the mind is dead/ to Bruce

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 12, 2003
      Hi Bruce,

      > > haven't you found out that the use of the word MIND, brings about
      > > much confussion? And when we say thought, it is more easy to
      > > understand. But again, there is the confussion about giving the
      > > name "thought" to an image (as abstract as it can be) or to a symbol
      > >
      > > when there are no words to define it.
      > > So when you say that counsciousness observes the thoughts,
      > > is there any sense of action there?
      >
      > No, thought is activity
      > but the observer merely
      > abides, no effort.
      >
      > i mean, the one who observes, the
      > > observation itself, and the thought (object in this case) observed?
      >
      > Thought gets involved
      > again when we share the
      > observation with words,
      > images, and/or symbols
      > -- but in the moment of
      > observation, the
      > observer and the
      > observed are on. Iow,
      > consciousness is its
      > contents in the moment.
      > >
      > > I know this is all a matter of definitions, but i find it
      > > difficult to express ideas about mind.
      >
      > I often say "Realization
      > is easy -- after all, it's
      > an unearned, undeserved gift
      > -- it's *communication*
      > that's really difficult!"
      > >
      > > In my case, i see Consciousness as the reality, as the base, as the
      > >
      > > source, and mind as all the rest.
      >
      > That's as good a delineation
      > as anyone else's --
      > consciousness-mind, brahma-
      > maya, energy-matter, all
      > descriptors of the last
      > quasi-dichotomy before all
      > such distinctions vanish in
      > the equivalence seen by
      > realizers and described
      > mathematically by Sri Albert
      > Einstein as "e = mc^2."
      >
      > > Everything that arises from the
      > > first entity that arises and then observes, the I. I do not limit
      > > the word mind to thought, instead i say that even the images,
      > > abstract or not, are mind.
      > > What is your input here?
      > >
      > Thought is the parent of
      > all language, symbolism,
      > and imagery -- after all,
      > language is an elaborate
      I wonder if someone can verbalise
      how does one arrive from a dual bhakti
      type of vision demonstarted by Devi to
      a jnana non-dual realized state.

      Karta

    • hjackdavis@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 28, 2004
        thank u very much jeff
        even though my bad choices have taken my freedom away from me in my past threw my meditation i am able to reach out in the community i grew up can now better acept the fact that some people do not want to accept my change,threw my meditation with i feel rejected by them i do feel a calmness and have started using compassion and loving/kindness with my self now compared to going back to the gutter of depression and so forth
        i have 2 college degrees but cannot use them in my feild
        i am a work in progess,much metta jeff
        jack davis