Dropping the I/Drop Your Nothing

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2003

      Dropping the "I"

      Disciple:  I have come to offer you my service.

      Master:   If you dropped the "I", service would automatically follow.

      You could give all your goods to feed the poor
      and your body to be burned and not have love at all.

      Keep your goods and abandon the "I".
      Don't burn your body; burn the ego (identification).
      Love will automatically follow.

      Drop Your Nothing

      Disciple:  I have come to you with nothing in my hands.

      Master:  Then drop it at once!

      Disciple:  But how can I drop it?  It is nothing.

      Master:  Then carry it around with you!

      Your nothing can be your most valued possession.

      ~Anthony de Mello