How does dispassion fit in with anger?

    Message 1 of 197 , Sep 13, 2001
      Question:<br>How does dispassion fit in with
      anger?<br>Answer:<br>Remember the Tao. What it (and non-duality) is about is
      found in the cliche about a coin having 2 sides.
      Reality includes both heads and tales. Anger is the tales
      to loves head and sad is the other side of happy.
      What we are really talking about is Feeling, which is
      the coin (with both sides of all emotions). So we sit
      in the Tao and Witness. This arises and then that.
      Without passionate reactivity to either this or that, not
      letting ourselves get carried away and stuck on either
      side of the coin, we absorb all the permiations and
      float freely above,transcendent and ready to fill with
      the pure Truth,Consciousness, and Bliss that is
      available only when we are empty (calm and completely
      dispassionate). As soon as we react, there will be another
      reaction and we are no longer absorbed in the universal
      and are flung back to the egoistic. Even "I'm so
      blessed, this is so beautiful" can be a disqualifier.
      Religions suggest that the only thing that we can "Get away
      with" are praises to God. Ecstatic reaction is no less
      a distraction to honoring God than violence is. God
      is Peace and sometimes love can take your peace away
      as well as anger. So, be at Peace and live happily
      ever after.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: