Journal Entry - August 15 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Aug 15 1:47 AM
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: August 15
      Variation: None
      Time: 07:20 a.m.
      Duration: 71 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Darkened room. Two candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: one (slight).
      Experience: Good session - Satisfying

      Result: Was not sure if I would continue with yesterday's exploration of
      sense awareness. I "went with the flow" and was simply open to whatever
      happened. Good session, a lot of exploration and discovery. Detected that
      mind chatter went in waves. From periods of high activity to periods of low
      activity (when I made no attempt to still the mind). I noticed that mind
      chatter seemed to be linked to some activity in the brain that corresponded
      to the volume and complexity of internal sounds and not necessarily the
      level of physical relaxation. This prompts me to believe that our minds
      could be racing under the surface even when we appear physically and
      mentally relaxed.

      I forgot to unplug the telephone so the very faint sound of the phone
      ringing brought me out of my session.

      Note: I find that meditation is an excellent way of understanding how my
      mind works, especially what may be happening under the surface.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....