Re: i am new here/Kathryn

  • asimpjoy
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 7, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Kathryn allen
      <sopocko7@y...> wrote:

      > asimpjoy <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Hi Sopocko,

      > It's as if some can only
      > "see" with their mighty
      > mighty intellect, while
      > a few can "feel" directly
      > ... with the heart.
      >
      > The intellect is always
      > displaying its clever wit,
      > having oh so many answers,
      > while the heart only feels
      > what is there.
      >
      > I hear you, Kathryn, and take
      > delight in your sweet fragrance,
      > as do many a lurker herein, and
      > from one heart as to another, we
      > feel the tragedy of your words.
      >
      > With love and affection,
      > Tony

      > K: thank you Tony for your generosity .. love Kathryn

      **** T: Hi Kathryn! :-)

      You know, it seems that the mind,
      as thought, with its intellect thinks
      it can figure it out - but it cannot!

      Perhaps a level of "foundational
      knowledge" is useful, but there
      is a point at which the intellect,
      with all of its prodigious erudition
      and haughty cleverness, becomes useless,
      and then even becomes the worst of impediments.

      The mind that is caught in this trap of the
      intellectual "tar-baby" only seems to suffocate
      the heart in sorrow, so that one becomes harsh
      and crystallized within walls of defensive egotism,
      looping in an endless obsession with words and
      counter-words, concepts and counter-concepts, and
      yet still totally incapable of perceiving directly
      to where it all is pointing to.(?)

      I guess only the heart can do that!

      To feel and see directly with the heart, and to enter
      therein, appears to require a humility whereby all the
      cleverness of the mind, together with its pretentious
      knowledge, and endless debates, and witty retorts,
      must be left behind,
      ... Otherwise the heart remains barren.

      Only the heart can feel the fact directly, the
      fact of compassion, of love and of understanding,
      and the fact of Truth.

      Only the heart can commune with the truth and
      share it with another - without any confusion.
      ... That's when words and concepts and knowledge
      and debate, have very little meaning.

      With love and affection,
      Tony