Journal Entry-Eve

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 12 8:28 AM
      Date: August 12, 2002
      Time: 10:50am
      Duration: 30 minutes (open)
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, hands resting on knees,
      palms up
      Technique: Breath and body awareness
      Variation: chanted OM silently

      My concentration was pretty good today, considering that it has been
      almost a week since I have meditated. Started out by chanting Om out
      load three times. When I noticed that my mind had wandered, I would
      mentally say "thinking", and bring my awareness back. Felt relaxed
      afterward.

      Notes: This past week, I didn't meditate in the morning, except for
      one day. I noticed that I was little less patient and a little more
      susceptible to getting swept away by emotions, instead of just being
      aware of them as they came up and then letting them go.
    • Tony
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 15, 2002
        Hi Eve,

        The sound you can hear comes up not only during meditation but at any time
        you become present enough to "listen" to yourself.

        I have found I have up to 5 or more different voices depending on the
        situation and my frame of mind. My typical voice is a logical, reasoning
        type of person - a bit like a college professor I think! I sometimes have
        the voice of child-like astonishment. A very long time ago (over 25 years) I
        was very surprised to hear a dark, mysterious, frightening voice telling me
        to stop playing mind games and go to sleep.

        As you get to know your different voices you get a better picture of your
        frame of mind at the time. The next stage might involve switching voices
        when you need a different way of looking at a situation. A further stage
        still might be inventing a new voice to achieve a desired effect. But maybe
        that is going too far in the wrong direction. Keeping it simple might be a
        better approach. If it happens we notice a change in voice at any time we
        can simply take that into account.

        ...Tony