Re: How To Recognize A Saint

  • riverjohn777
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2002
      What is a saint? A saint is someone who has
      achieved a remote human possibility. It is
      impossible to say what that possibility is. I think
      it has something to do with the energy of love.
      Contact with this energy results in the exercise of
      a kind of balance in the chaos of existence. A
      saint does not dissolve the chaos; if he did the
      world would have changed long ago. I do not think
      that a saint dissolves the chaos even for himself,
      for there is something arrogant and warlike in the
      notion of a man setting the universe in order. It
      is a kind of balance that is his glory. He rides
      the drifts like an escaped ski. His course is the
      caress of the hill. His track is a drawing of the
      snow in a moment of its particular arrangement with
      wind and rock. Something in him so loves the world
      that he gives himself to the laws of gravity and
      chance. Far from flying with the angels, he traces
      with the fidelity of a seismograph needle the state
      of the solid bloody landscape. His house is
      dangerous and finite, but he is at home in the
      world. He can love the shape of human beings, the
      fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to
      have among us such men, such balancing monsters of
      love.

      - L. Cohen, Beautiful Losers (1966)

      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > How To Recognize A Saint
      > She or he who honors humility and possesses passion purely for
      > compassion has attained heavenly heights.
      > Kir Li Molari
    • gangak000
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        How To Recognize A Saint
        > She or he who honors humility and possesses passion purely
        for compassion has attained heavenly heights.
        > Kir Li Molari

        G: the saint is not aware of humility nor the passion and giving it
        simply occurs as a matter of daily Being.......

        but there are those that are in the midst of ignorance that
        parade around under the facade of humility while seeing
        "i am doing and giving "....... look how much i sacrifice and
        give to the world........ this one i say already has his reward....
        as Christ so aptly stated...... for that one resides within the
        very subtle "stink of spirituality"..........

        Love shanti om .....g... and Good Morning to You...

        Great Inner Traveler this edtion........ thankyou.......
      • silauto
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
          Hi All,
          The only way one can recognize a saint is by living with him 24 hrs a
          day, 365 days a year....Otherwise one does not know if the person is
          a saint or just pretending to be Holy.
          The real Saint knows how to Love and acts accordingly unlike the
          false saint who may have to quote the holy books given the slightest
          chance!
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "gangak000"