Re: Cross-selling

  • cornelius
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003

      > I'll be back with results
      > when they are published.
      > Just thought this might be
      > of interest to meditators
      > and spiritual seekers.
      >
      > Meanwhile....
      >
      > OM

      Hi Jeff,

      I don't know what to make of Sarlo's rating system. At first I
      thought that the site was meant only as a conversational piece for
      his group, apparently it has a Wider attraction.
      Indicative of the wider attraction is the number of folks who seem to
      take it seriously.

      I've visited the "bud" site only once and it seems that something
      Major is missing: there is not input by the disciples/students of the
      the "rated" Guru.

      Jeff, so you don't think it peculiar that you invite people to rate
      you when your function here is not that of a Guru?

      Who better to rate a Teacher/Guru then those who have Worked with the
      Guru, those who have been with the Guru through Thick and
      Thin....those who can Conclude either Yes, I have been benefitted by
      my association with HIM/HER or NO, I have not benefitted from being
      with HIM/HER.
      My questions to such a Disciple what then be ....so tell me, What
      have you learned and How have you changed, progressed and developed.

      Some here may say "Yes, Jeff is Insightful, Industrious, Experienced
      and Funny"....the same can be said about Others who have not "taken"
      up the Guru mantle.

      Perhaps before we do this "little" Guru rating thing, isn't it fair
      to Ask...."where are your Disciples (those who call you "Guru") and
      how do They rate you?"

      At this point, all I can rate is your Participation/Contribution as a
      Group Member (here and there): I cast my Vote for you...3 buds =
      an "exceptional" Member. ;)

      cjl
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
        Hi Jeff,
        i am not a memeber of guru ratings. It really hadn't picked my
        attention up, but now, observing that so many of you go into that
        room to chat, maybe i take a step forward in entering too.
        About rating you.....the least i can do is laugh and laugh!
        I know you personally, i know you heartedly, and i cannot think
        about you,(for rating it is neccesary to think, compare, judge,
        isn't it?) i can only feel you, and that feeling is pure love. Is it
        possible to rate love?

        maria luisa

      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
          <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > > Very Nice Nina, Gurdjieff had a saying, "Roses outside, thorns
          > > inside. Thorns outside, roses inside".
          >
          > You come from the land of wild roses, don't you?
          >
          > We have a bush of them in our sideyard. The roses come and go, but
          > the thorns stick around. Allow me to assure you and Gurdjieff that,
          > in the case of wild roses, if it is thorns on the outside, then it
          > will assuredly be thorns on the inside, too! Ouch!
          >
          > prickly, or was that, pricked,
          > Nina

          There was a story about a bit of theater that Gurdjieff used to teach
          his group one night. He picked two people of different temperaments
          and said they would be part of an experiment.

          One, a doctor who always took part in discussions, was very well
          liked and knowledgable. He was a leader. The other participant was
          a young retiring man who seldom spoke and people knew little about.

          The person relating the story (I forget who), said that the first
          part of the experiment would be secret but that after about an hour
          had passed a strange transformation had taken place.

          The doctor was immobilized and could not speak. The young man who
          had been retiring was now holding forth at length on difficult topics.

          The point was that what is on the surface is not necessarily
          important and is not a good indicator of what is important.

          Love
          Bobby G.
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
            Thanks, cj.

            Sarlo asked for the rating
            from member of his group -
            after a year of dealing with
            my sometimes good-natured
            and sometimes not so
            good-natured antagonism.

            I have challenged the concept
            and been a major provocateur of
            the GR site membership since I
            first visited the group about a
            year ago. That rate and I say
            rating is bogus (to use a favorite
            Sarlo term) at best. I've about
            played my hand out there.

            I never used the term Guru,
            before coming upon Sarlo's
            site, and while I have been
            incredibly blessed and graced
            with a powerful transformation
            that saved by life, and began
            speaking and "teaching" about
            it almost immediately, the guru
            persona is relatively new.

            The tie to meditation is that
            this happened while meditating.
            What happened to me in the
            midst of meditation and the
            reports from Near-Death
            Experiencers are startlingly
            similar.

            I wondered about this for
            years, before coming a report
            of yogis who went into deep
            meditation and all but suspended
            breathing, which decreases the
            brain activity and its demand
            for "energy" or "sugar" so much
            that is one of the methods used
            that is frequently precedent to
            bringing on a nirvikalpa samadhi.

            I went on to study meditation,
            hypnosis, relaxation techniques,
            raja yoga, and marketing communications
            looking for ways to share this most
            incredible experience. I'll
            stop here.

            Thanks for generous review.

            Best,

            Jeff

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "cornelius"
            <d_agenda2000@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > > at that site, and how many
            > > actually look behind the
            > > mask (persona) to read
            > > information on my website
            > > and the files I have posted
            > > here and there about my
            > > lineage (as a guru) and
            > > my method (as a meditation
            > > teacher and motivational
            > > coach) and my enlightenment
            > > journey.
            > >
            > > Meditation may not do much
            > > to change the outward look
            > > and personality, but it does,
            > > in the world according to me,
            > > brings about dramatic emotional,
            > > psychological, and even possibly
            > > cellular-level changes.
            > > I am also convinced that it
            > > improves coordination and
            > > physical grace, that it
            > > not only relieve stress, but
            > > allow the meditator to take
            > > life's bump and grinds in
            > > stride and with equanimity
            > > in great part.
            > >
            > > Does bias effect fair judgment
            > > and intellect? Is it just
            > > an ego battle? Will this
            > > poll really answer any of
            > > that?
            > >
            > > I'll be back with results
            > > when they are published.
            > > Just thought this might be
            > > of interest to meditators
            > > and spiritual seekers.
            > >
            > > Meanwhile....
            > >
            > > OM
            >
            > Hi Jeff,
            >
            > I don't know what to make of Sarlo's rating system. At first I
            > thought that the site was meant only as a conversational piece for
            > his group, apparently it has a Wider attraction.
            > Indicative of the wider attraction is the number of folks who seem to
            > take it seriously.
            >
            > I've visited the "bud" site only once and it seems that something
            > Major is missing: there is not input by the disciples/students of the
            > the "rated" Guru.
            >
            > Jeff, so you don't think it peculiar that you invite people to rate
            > you when your function here is not that of a Guru?
            >
            > Who better to rate a Teacher/Guru then those who have Worked with the
            > Guru, those who have been with the Guru through Thick and
            > Thin....those who can Conclude either Yes, I have been benefitted by
            > my association with HIM/HER or NO, I have not benefitted from being
            > with HIM/HER.
            > My questions to such a Disciple what then be ....so tell me, What
            > have you learned and How have you changed, progressed and developed.
            >
            > Some here may say "Yes, Jeff is Insightful, Industrious, Experienced
            > and Funny"....the same can be said about Others who have not "taken"
            > up the Guru mantle.
            >
            > Perhaps before we do this "little" Guru rating thing, isn't it fair
            > to Ask...."where are your Disciples (those who call you "Guru") and
            > how do They rate you?"
            >
            > At this point, all I can rate is your Participation/Contribution as a
            > Group Member (here and there): I cast my Vote for you...3 buds =

          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
              maria luisa -

              You are so sweet.

              You certainly know that
              the pure love is reciprocal.
              My suggestion is that you
              stay away from this group.

              They call themselves Guru
              Raters but they are not
              always kind. Of course, I
              admittedly come in with
              a chip on my shoulder
              and invite some rough
              stuff. You would be
              received much differently
              I am sure.

              All the love,

              Jeff

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mlcanow"
              <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
              > Hi Jeff,
              > i am not a memeber of guru ratings. It really hadn't picked my
              > attention up, but now, observing that so many of you go into that
              > room to chat, maybe i take a step forward in entering too.
              > About rating you.....the least i can do is laugh and laugh!
              > I know you personally, i know you heartedly, and i cannot think
              > about you,(for rating it is neccesary to think, compare, judge,
              > isn't it?) i can only feel you, and that feeling is pure love. Is it
> [...]
            • satkartar7
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 3, 2003
                > Thanks, cj.
                >
                > Sarlo asked for the rating