Re: Frustration/ML

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 2, 2003
> [...]
      >Subject: Re: Frustration/ML
      >
      > "Onniko" <onniko@y... > wrote:
      >
      > > How many children do you have, Gene?
      > >What are some ways you have to
      > > make them feel that they aren't owned by you?
      >
      >Hi Oniko,
      >since i agree with Gene, and having had the experience of being a
      >mother, i will step in here.
      >
      >First we must understand that there are no ownerships in this life.
      >What there are, are responsible actions. It is most natural that a
      >mother acts in protection and guidance of her children. This is a
      >Natural Law for survival. Just accepting this fact should be enough.
      >The feelings of love that born form a parent to his/her child, and
      >vicevs. are part of the same thing. It is even, in its basic way,
      >one of the purest love feelings that tend to arise from humans. But
      >some people, in their sense of lack of love and acceptance, even
      >for/from themselves, pretend to feel some kind of completion among
      >the pertainance to each other. If we begin to understand the
      >difference between real love and attachment, then we will see that
      >mostly what we call love, really is not. Detachment is the main
      >thing here. But how can we ask for detachment when we need so many
      >things, relationships, commitments, achieved goals, importance, etc,
      >for us to feel complete?
      >
      >When you are detached from your children, you let them make natural
      >exchanges of love with others: teachers, sitters, other family
      >members, friends. You do not feel jealousy.
      >
      >When you let them decide some things by themselves, you let them
      >know that they are separate entities within the functioning of life.
      >When you explain them the things they are able to understand, they
      >begin to discriminate by themselves. When you let them spend some
      >time far from your direct control, they begin to learn to be
      >separated, they have to solve things by themselves. When special
      >situations happen, that need your direct attention, and you allow
      >sombody else to take care of them, they learn that you aren't their
      >owner.
      >
      >When parents are separated or divorced, when they are with one of
      >them, the other shall remain appart, letting things happen between
      >children and each parent.
      >
      >When you act as not being owned, then you are making them understand
      >better the role of each one.
      >
      >But the best of all is much communication. Touching, caring,
      >listening, talking, playing, working together.
      >
      >So long as the parent understands the issue of ownership, he/she
      >will be more able to transmit this to the child. Being it, living
      >it, is the best way of transmission. And just allowing things to
      >happen. Our children came to live their own lives, not ours, nor to
      >do the things we would have liked to do and could not. They are not
      >our continuity. They are the continuity of Life, and have their own
      >role to play here. Let us help them to find this role by themselves,

      Thank you, Maria Luisa. Very well said.

      ==Gene Poole==

      --

      If less is more,
      nothing is everything.
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
        > > > What would you like to know about web design? I
        > know
        > > > the technical stuff, the networking, server side
        > apps
        > > > and some basic html. It's the way certain
        > programs
        > > > call out there functions that gets me. I'm a
        > hard line
        > > > designer, with lots of technical stuff, but I
        > lack
        > > > greatly in the artist "soft" technique. The
        > piece I
        > > > did for the inner traveler was the first time I
        > picked
        > > > up the creative side in some time. You may have
        > a good
        > > > resource between Bobby and I, if you wish you
        > can
        > > > e-mail me anytime :)
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Me too. I learned the abstract visual elements
        > from a book on
        > > compostion by Steven Friend. There is an enormous
        > body of knowledge
        > > about how to construct a visual image with
        > interest and balance. A
        > > lot you would never think of. Unfortunately
        > people lack the belief
        > > that is is necessary a lot of the time.
        > >
        > > Visual impact is a study in itself.
        > >

        > thank you both Jason and Bobby, I'll
        > e-mail in privi then
        >
        > I am also reading the adobe photoshop
        > but this is not easy to learn from
        > books, I'll have to go back to school
        >
        > love, Karta

        Yes, the best way to learn any software is trial and
        error (hands on). I can help you with how the program
        operates but your the one that has to put it to use in
        a functional way!

        Peace and Love

        http://calendar.yahoo.com