Re: Frustration/ML

  • mlcanow
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 2 10:26 AM
      <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      > "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...> wrote:
      >

      > > I am finding out a difficulty in sustaining personal
      relationships,
      > > others than the family ones i already carry throughout my life
      since
      > > the past.
      > > And what becomes difficult, is that the one that pretends to
      relate
      > > to me, expects some kind of ownership in an exclusive person to
      > > person way. Once there are no parameters appart from those that
      > > arise from an inner feeling of natural and spontaneous action,
      > > relationships are great for a while, but they become limiting
      among
      > > time.
      > >
      > > Love,
      > > ml
      >

      > Hi ML...
      >
      > Ownership... yes.
      >
      > Perhaps if our cultures changed to the extent
      > that parents are not seen to 'own' children,
      > when the children become adults, they will not
      > expect any 'ownership' of each-other.
      >
      > The issue of ownership is one of those special
      > pieces of our enormous burden of cultural
      > conditioning, which becomes red-hot, and serves
      > to make a lot of the otherwise invisible conditioning,
      > visible. The 'family way' is often or always toxic.
      >
      > Once a man or woman refuses to be 'owned',
      > a lot of other issues come up, also. The one
      > who refuses to be owned, or to own another,
      > must eventually be identified as a rebel or
      > nonconformist.

      ml: i have even been identified as "mad". There is difficulty in
      others, to say the least, in understanding a way of being almost
      without any pre-established parameters. No long term plans for an
      imagined future, no particular expectations, etc.

      > Much of our 'spiritual work' is to simply
      > scrape off the deep overburden of cultural
      > conditioning, to eventually expose the actual
      > 'thing' that we are. I wonder what would happen
      > if parents who do not 'own' each-other, raise
      > children who are not 'owned'. Will these children
      > be able to exist as what they are, more easily
      > than the current crop of humans?

      ml: I am coming to believe that is so, from my own experience with
      my children, who are being raised under such understandings, both
      from the side of their father and from mine. They seem to be very
      mature, stable and easy being teenagers.

      > In the field of psychology, the issues of
      > 'ownership' falls into the category which is
      > called 'co-dependency'. I can hope that over
      > time, these remedial ideas will percolate into
      > the mainstream, to the effect of actually
      > legitimatizing freedom on all levels of Being.

      ml: Sounds great. Hope this will be so.

      > ==Gene Poole==
      >

      > 'Hindsight shows how often yesterday's so-called truth
      > may become today's absurdity. Real ability is to respect
      > relative truth without damaging oneself by refusing to
      > realize that it will be superseded. When you observe that
      > today's controversies often reveal not relevance but the
      > clash of the untaught with the wrongly taught, and when
      > you can endure this knowledge without cynicism, as a
      > lover of humankind, greater compensations will be open to
      > you than a sense of your own importance or satisfaction in
      > thinking about the unreliability of others.'
      >
      > From 'A Perfumed Scorpion' Idries Shah

      Thanks Gene,
      maria luisa
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 3 8:36 AM
        --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
        > > > What would you like to know about web design? I
        > know
        > > > the technical stuff, the networking, server side
        > apps
        > > > and some basic html. It's the way certain
        > programs
        > > > call out there functions that gets me. I'm a
        > hard line
        > > > designer, with lots of technical stuff, but I
        > lack
        > > > greatly in the artist "soft" technique. The
        > piece I
        > > > did for the inner traveler was the first time I
        > picked
        > > > up the creative side in some time. You may have
        > a good
        > > > resource between Bobby and I, if you wish you
        > can
        > > > e-mail me anytime :)
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Me too. I learned the abstract visual elements
        > from a book on
        > > compostion by Steven Friend. There is an enormous
        > body of knowledge
        > > about how to construct a visual image with
        > interest and balance. A
        > > lot you would never think of. Unfortunately
        > people lack the belief
        > > that is is necessary a lot of the time.
        > >
        > > Visual impact is a study in itself.
        > >

        > thank you both Jason and Bobby, I'll
        > e-mail in privi then
        >
        > I am also reading the adobe photoshop
        > but this is not easy to learn from
        > books, I'll have to go back to school
        >
        > love, Karta

        Yes, the best way to learn any software is trial and
        error (hands on). I can help you with how the program
        operates but your the one that has to put it to use in
        a functional way!

        Peace and Love

        http://calendar.yahoo.com