Re: Frustration/ML

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 2, 2003
      "mlcanow" <mlcanow@y...> wrote:

      > I am finding out a difficulty in sustaining personal relationships,
      > others than the family ones i already carry throughout my life since
      > the past.
      > And what becomes difficult, is that the one that pretends to relate
      > to me, expects some kind of ownership in an exclusive person to
      > person way. Once there are no parameters appart from those that
      > arise from an inner feeling of natural and spontaneous action,
      > relationships are great for a while, but they become limiting among
      > time.
      >
      > Love,
      > ml

      Hi ML...

      Ownership... yes.

      Perhaps if our cultures changed to the extent
      that parents are not seen to 'own' children,
      when the children become adults, they will not
      expect any 'ownership' of each-other.

      The issue of ownership is one of those special
      pieces of our enormous burden of cultural
      conditioning, which becomes red-hot, and serves
      to make a lot of the otherwise invisible conditioning,
      visible. The 'family way' is often or always toxic.

      Once a man or woman refuses to be 'owned',
      a lot of other issues come up, also. The one
      who refuses to be owned, or to own another,
      must eventually be identified as a rebel or
      nonconformist.

      Much of our 'spiritual work' is to simply
      scrape off the deep overburden of cultural
      conditioning, to eventually expose the actual
      'thing' that we are. I wonder what would happen
      if parents who do not 'own' each-other, raise
      children who are not 'owned'. Will these children
      be able to exist as what they are, more easily
      than the current crop of humans?

      In the field of psychology, the issues of
      'ownership' falls into the category which is
      called 'co-dependency'. I can hope that over
      time, these remedial ideas will percolate into
      the mainstream, to the effect of actually
      legitimatizing freedom on all levels of Being.

      ==Gene Poole==

      'Hindsight shows how often yesterday's so-called truth
      may become today's absurdity. Real ability is to respect
      relative truth without damaging oneself by refusing to
      realize that it will be superseded. When you observe that
      today's controversies often reveal not relevance but the
      clash of the untaught with the wrongly taught, and when
      you can endure this knowledge without cynicism, as a
      lover of humankind, greater compensations will be open to
      you than a sense of your own importance or satisfaction in
      thinking about the unreliability of others.'

      From 'A Perfumed Scorpion' Idries Shah
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
        > > > What would you like to know about web design? I
        > know
        > > > the technical stuff, the networking, server side
        > apps
        > > > and some basic html. It's the way certain
        > programs
        > > > call out there functions that gets me. I'm a
        > hard line
        > > > designer, with lots of technical stuff, but I
        > lack
        > > > greatly in the artist "soft" technique. The
        > piece I
        > > > did for the inner traveler was the first time I
        > picked
        > > > up the creative side in some time. You may have
        > a good
        > > > resource between Bobby and I, if you wish you
        > can
        > > > e-mail me anytime :)
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Me too. I learned the abstract visual elements
        > from a book on
        > > compostion by Steven Friend. There is an enormous
        > body of knowledge
        > > about how to construct a visual image with
        > interest and balance. A
        > > lot you would never think of. Unfortunately
        > people lack the belief
        > > that is is necessary a lot of the time.
        > >
        > > Visual impact is a study in itself.
        > >

        > thank you both Jason and Bobby, I'll
        > e-mail in privi then
        >
        > I am also reading the adobe photoshop
        > but this is not easy to learn from
        > books, I'll have to go back to school
        >
        > love, Karta

        Yes, the best way to learn any software is trial and
        error (hands on). I can help you with how the program
        operates but your the one that has to put it to use in
        a functional way!

        Peace and Love

        http://calendar.yahoo.com