Natural Mindfulness Meditation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Dante and I just got back from our daily visit to a nearby state park.
      It is so easy to be mindful and mind-empty of the usual inner chatter
      while in nature. I know that some people feel uncomfortable outside
      of a city environment, but the distractions are so lovely in the middle
      of a forrest, it seems so melt-into-able. In a city you have car noises,
      people yelling, and machines grinding. In the woods, birds chirp,
      streams bubble, the wind whirls through the trees. Visually, there is
      no comparison between a graffiti artist and Mother Nature. The smells,
      tactile sensations, and the tastes of nature (Baskin Robbins excluded:-)
      are of a finer degree of beauty and enjoyment than anything found in a
      city. Of course it isn't "bad", and can be looked at as being character
      building, or some such thing, to be in a non-condusive to meditation
      environment, but if your setting is naturally relaxing, it is far
      easier "To Be here now", "To Be", etc.

      "High on life" and other similar cliche's,
      Bob
    • Onniko
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Dante looks like a fun guy. I've been walking through the woods with
        the town dog, lately. It is nice. The city or towns have always been
        great places for meditation walks for me also because I really get
        into the geometry that's so prevalent there.