Question about Mantra

    Message 1 of 197 , Dec 22, 2001
      Question (from class); I know that Mantra is the
      saying of a word or phrase over and over, but why do
      it?<br>Answer: As the Bible (In the beginning was the Word,
      etc.), and science (In the beginning was the Big Bang),
      tell us, we are sound. And like a radio, sometimes the
      sounds we make are static. Mantra "tunes us in". to the
      vibration of the harmonics of the universe. Once adjusted
      correctly, we receive the perfect note we need for our
      spiritual evolution and freedom from suffering. The quest
      for Truth is sometimes referred to as "The Search for
      the Lost Chord". It can be found/heard/experienced in
      silence and by attuning yourself to it's clarified
      vibration through Mantra. Mantra will lead to the
      Silence/Void/state of No-mind from which every sound and everything
      arises. More people practice Mantra than all the other
      meditation techniques put together. At any given time,
      hundreds of millions of people are doing Mantra. When we
      do our Mantra, we join all of them in the divine
      vibration that transcends the illusionary "separate from
      the rest of the universe" view of reality that causes
      our suffering. We then join and enjoy the infinite,
      eternal wonders that are our birthright and know our
      unity with All and Everything. And live happily ever
      after.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: