Re: [Meditation Society of America] Frustration

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 48 , May 31, 2003
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

      > > I have a question. Are you the change, the thing
      > > that changes, or the
      > > knowing of the change? or something else?
      > >
      > > Love
      > > Bobby G.
      >
      > Can you define change? Wouldn't the definition of
      > change be to never the same? Well that can't always be
      > true everything changes over time based entirely apon
      > it surroundings or the relationship as you put it to
      > the other. So in a sense nothing truly ever changes,
      > only the other that creates the neccesity for change.
      > If there were truly no other then nothing would ever
      > be changed. In answer to your question, I am the
      > change, the changer or the changed at any given
      > moment.

      well, i am the same person I was at birth in one sense. A
      continuously alive person. I had a memory one time of myself as a
      young child and realized I was the same person. I was grown and had
      characteristics but I was still the same person. I was stunned.

      I sat for three days and pondered this. I have not changed. A
      friend came over and invited me up to his girlfriend's cabin in the
      mountains for a long weekend. I went and we immediately got snowed
      in. I was alone so I went to the library and just plucked down a
      book at random. It was Ramacharaka's 'Raja Yoga'.

      The first Idea in the book was, "The I is changeless".

      A nice weekend read.

      Love
      Bobby G.

      > Since we establish that there is change, changed and
      > changer then we already understand the 3 dimesional or
      > triad of what essecially brings forth the loop of
      > mind, body and spirit. Much like your model of the
      > tree of life, yet the branches form a loop without
      > ever taking root. Another way to say this is time
      > space and lack or void, also one can use depth, width
      > and height or ying, yang and the tao that contains
      > them. Time and space contained in the void, length and
      > width contain in the depth, mind and spirit contained
      > in the body. Fortunatly for us this container holds
      > everything in it's vast emptiness, otherwise nothing
      > would be exposed for it's changing nature. Explains
      > infinite quite effectively as well, what it doesn't
      > really explain at all is this void. What is it like to
      > not change, ever? What's it like to never know of an
      > other? or of a one that doesn't know that anything is
      > knowable? The unanswerable question.
      >
      > Peace and Love

      > http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 3, 2003
        --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@...> wrote:
        > > > What would you like to know about web design? I
        > know
        > > > the technical stuff, the networking, server side
        > apps
        > > > and some basic html. It's the way certain
        > programs
        > > > call out there functions that gets me. I'm a
        > hard line
        > > > designer, with lots of technical stuff, but I
        > lack
        > > > greatly in the artist "soft" technique. The
        > piece I
        > > > did for the inner traveler was the first time I
        > picked
        > > > up the creative side in some time. You may have
        > a good
        > > > resource between Bobby and I, if you wish you
        > can
        > > > e-mail me anytime :)
        > > >
        > > > Peace and Love
        > >
        > > Me too. I learned the abstract visual elements
        > from a book on
        > > compostion by Steven Friend. There is an enormous
        > body of knowledge
        > > about how to construct a visual image with
        > interest and balance. A
        > > lot you would never think of. Unfortunately
        > people lack the belief
        > > that is is necessary a lot of the time.
        > >
        > > Visual impact is a study in itself.
        > >

        > thank you both Jason and Bobby, I'll
        > e-mail in privi then
        >
        > I am also reading the adobe photoshop
        > but this is not easy to learn from
        > books, I'll have to go back to school
        >
        > love, Karta

        Yes, the best way to learn any software is trial and
        error (hands on). I can help you with how the program
        operates but your the one that has to put it to use in
        a functional way!

        Peace and Love

        http://calendar.yahoo.com