structure / creativity Re: Art and the Challenge of Change

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2003
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:

      > Bobby, would you mind defining what
      > exactly it is you refer to when you use
      > the word 'structure'? What in your craft
      > is structure? What is technique? Give
      > specific examples, please.
      > Or maybe our conversation is in the stars.
      > Just before reading your reply to my post,
      > I read my horoscope:

      Hi Nina:

      Good question. You sing better if you know how to form the sounds
      and that is a structure of knowledge. In painting a portrait
      achieving an accurate complexion color requires some knowlege of how
      to preceive color.

      The basic technique of how to evolve in perceiving color comes from
      the knowledge that:

      'black in the sunlight is lighter than white in the shadow'.

      Visual art is a series of leaps by past artists teaching us to see
      better. The Impressionists taught people to look for relationships
      when they see and shook up the art world by depicting light in a way
      it had not been done.

      It is interesting to me that at the same time as the Impressionists,
      the Existentialists discovered that the relationship of man to nature
      was the fly in the ointment of philosophy up to that point.

      And then Einstein shook up the smug world of physicists with
      the 'Theory of Relativity'.

      But who knows about Impressionists and color relativity? I meet very
      few. I guess this is why I brought up Mr. Chubby's well documented
      and exercised methods in the way I did. They are fine.

      But something I see as important is ignored and that is presented in
      its stead as art instead of art therapy.

      Sorry to be so strident. My teacher died trying to tell these things
      to people that would not listen. I probably will too.

      Love
      Bobby G.