Re: sattvic

  • silauto
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Lamer_1964"
      <lamer_1964@y...> wrote:
      > Can someone please give me the meaning of this word? I did a search
      > but it doesn't really answer my question.

      As per ancient Indian texts in Sanskrit each individual is made of
      three 'Gunas' or properties viz:Sattvic, Rajasic, and Tamasic

      Tamasic Guna is laziness or neglect which causes pain, e.g.laziness
      in earning food causes hunger pangs.

      Rajasic Guna is overindulgance, which again causes pain.

      Sattvic Guna is not doing that which caused us pain, i.e., neither
      starvation nor overeating. Sattvic Guna is the property that should
      be aimed as it makes us progress.

      Any questions? Hope I am clear.

      silauto