What's a guru to do?

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2003

      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2003

        > message that was priority delivered,
        > out of the blue.
        >
        > What is amazing is the variety of
        > response to attempts at sharing
        > the impact of this life-changing
        > event. Why is that?
        >
        > Enjoying life,
        >
        > Jeff

        Because economic strife is not solved by this guru. Talking niceties
        of how great it all is to people who aren't in the mood would be
        avoided by a real sage.
        Love
        Bobby G.
      • G
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2003
          "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:

          B: Because economic strife is not solved by this guru. Talking
          niceties of how great it all is to people who aren't in the mood
          would be avoided by a real sage.
          Love
          Bobby G.

          G: a *real* Sage is just that *Real*.... not moved by societal
          niceties or motives or false humility that thinks and rethinks
          before speaking ......

          this is a place and venue for meditation and the experiences
          and changes that happen due to it ...... so it is quite safe to
          say that if any are here and not in the mood then it is up to
          them Not to read the post.......

          it is amazing to hear what a *real* sage or teacher would do
          or not do according to the subjective parameters of those
          that are in the midst of holding up some meter of
          Sage do's and don'ts.......

          what a sage is - is that Truth which moves in a spontaneous
          manner that is correct in that moment...... what needs to
          come forth does in the appropriate time and way......
          it might not be what one *wants* to hear but may be said in
          that moment to plant a seed that will grow later in a more
          harmonious moment.....
          judging the external actions and equating them with motives
          and agendas does not apply to Sages that have no agendas
          or internal motives and motivations ......
          they move spontaneously as a leaf
          blown by the winds of happenstance yet knowing the
          happenstance is within the vast harmony of nature
          unveiling..........

          judgements concerning the action or unaction of Sages
          should rather be focused on putting that energy in to
          Self Enquiry when all falls away then the actions concerning
          Sages will be known....... (that they are simply spontaneous
          and not calculated in any manner)

          shanti om
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "G"
            <crystalkundalini@h...> wrote:
            > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:

            Dear g.:

            This is the question and answer...

            > And there are days when every song
            > you hear, every face you look into,
            > every star you watch flicker at night
            > contains the unmistakable, unshakable
            > message that was priority delivered,
            > out of the blue.
            >
            > What is amazing is the variety of
            > response to attempts at sharing
            > the impact of this life-changing
            > event. Why is that?
            >
            > Enjoying life,
            >
            > Jeff

            >Because economic strife is not solved by this guru. Talking niceties
            >of how great it all is to people who aren't in the mood would be
            >avoided by a real sage.
            >Love
            >Bobby G.

            What you said has nothing to do with either. Your agenda may be
            blocking your native intelligence.

            Love
            Bobby G.

            > B: Because economic strife is not solved by this guru. Talking
            > niceties of how great it all is to people who aren't in the mood
            > would be avoided by a real sage.
            > Love
            > Bobby G.
            >

            > G: a *real* Sage is just that *Real*.... not moved by societal
            > niceties or motives or false humility that thinks and
            rethinks
            > before speaking ......
            >
            > this is a place and venue for meditation and the experiences
            > and changes that happen due to it ...... so it is quite
            safe to
            > say that if any are here and not in the mood then it is up
            > them Not to read the post.......
            >
            > it is amazing to hear what a *real* sage or teacher would do
            > or not do according to the subjective parameters of those
            > that are in the midst of holding up some meter of
            > Sage do's and don'ts.......
            >
            > what a sage is - is that Truth which moves in a spontaneous
            > manner that is correct in that moment...... what needs to
            > come forth does in the appropriate time and way......
            > it might not be what one *wants* to hear but may be said in
            > that moment to plant a seed that will grow later in a more
            > harmonious moment.....
            > judging the external actions and equating them with motives
            > and agendas does not apply to Sages that have no agendas
            > or internal motives and motivations ......
            > they move spontaneously as a leaf
            > blown by the winds of happenstance yet knowing the
            > happenstance is within the vast harmony of nature
            > unveiling..........
            >
            > judgements concerning the action or unaction of Sages
            > should rather be focused on putting that energy in to
            > Self Enquiry when all falls away then the actions concerning
            > Sages will be known....... (that they are simply
            spontaneous
            > and not calculated in any manner)
            >
            > shanti om
          • G
            Message 5 of 9 , May 27, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff
              Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

              > What's guru to do?

              > One day, out of the blue in the midst of a simple meditation
              technique, a light comes on, a darkness that created distress
              and unhappiness for years and years is dispelled in an instant.
              And with the light comes a peace of mind, a joy and love of a new
              quality and dimension beyond anything previously thought or
              imagined as possible.

              (removed for space)

              Namaste and Good Morning -

              Yes it is so simple yet so overwhelmingly  pure and awe
              inspiring .....   it is Total Life - Whole and Complete as IS .....
              it is the  core and center  that permeates and IS all of life, yet
              which has no physical place or form to call it's own.......
              yet in one instant of touching the hem of it's garment, clears all
              doubts, all confusions, all seeking ends....
              Once the Holy of Holies has been entered the Great Mystery is
              KNOWN.....   100% to the nth degree of your Being.....    as it IS
              your Being ......

              the shadows and illusions are stripped bare, yet more than that
              they cease to exist for they were always simply mental dramas
              that had no real substance    ......
              the ME which was died in that moment,  for all concepts of who
              and what was and is ended in one heartbeat and was re-born so
              to speak in the next ......  and while there remained a continuity of
              form as to what others would identify in a particular manner the
              hole consciousness was replaced with Whole Consciousness
              and all of life changed .......

              there was no longer a person that was attempting to do
              something, or be someone, but simply a spontaneous flowing in
              motion outwardly, but inwardly in Quietness of Mind (internal
              chatterer gone) , inward silence ( no mental ramblings remain) ,
              peace ( confidence called faith of knowing rather than faith of
              hoping) and  Joy  ( living Grace)   .......

              How can one speak of the magnitude of that momentary Death
              and Re-birth? !       for in one instant dissolving into the
              Consciousness of Thatness everything *unreal* falls away.......

              Nothing has ever died or been Born ( for spirit or Source is
              Eternal )......     in THAT Moment beyond time and space all is
              Known in the Great UnKnowing as St. John so aptly says that is
              beyond all knowledge.....

              Source has Eternally Existed as it IS.....   it is Primal Intellect and
              conscious awareness which gives rise to knowing.......  it  is the
              gift of  life which gives birth to animate form and Mind .........

              Life is Source in a flowering of unending growth,  called transient
              life - Love - and all it's explorations and learnings and
              unlearnings .......     it is Creation and Recreation........   it is the
              Magical Mystical Dance of Shiva Nataraja ........   it is the Sun or
              Narayana ( Wisdom and Light)       how can one that touches this
              Transforming Consciousness not rejoice , be in Peace, be Silent
              in Awe of it ALL......?

              What is a Guru to Do ?

              Nothing except live the most extraordinary ordinary life.......    for it
              is more mysterious and grander than any psychic or paranormal
              happening which others equate with control and becoming
              greater but all that pales in comparison to the consciousness of
              Mystery Unveiled .......
              What needs to be controlled ?  When Source is Supreme ?
              What needs to be chased when Source is ALL.......
              What needs to be negated when Karma is known to be the great
              balance ?   Love holds no karma .......   Love gives the Heart of
              what may be given......   shadows can not long hold their place
              against Truth for long  .......   in time Truth will be known no matter
              how long man may rage against it .......   it must eventually be
              revealed for it is the Heart of all Life.........

              What is a Guru to Do ?   simply BE a living moving reality of the
              freedom called Realization.......

              shanti om
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "G" <crystalkundalini@h.=
                ..>
                wrote:

                [snip]

                > What is a Guru to Do ?   simply BE a living moving reality of the
                > freedom called Realization.......
                >
                > shanti om

                How does that make a guru different than anyone else?
              • G
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                  <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "G"
                  <crystalkundalini@h.=
                  > ..>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > [snip]

                  What is a Guru to Do ?   simply BE a living moving reality of the
                  freedom called Realization.......

                  shanti om

                  > How does that make a guru different than anyone else?

                  G: read the whole post ...... quit stopping at one word....

                  when you see the word Guru all of the sudden the rest
                  is glossed over and dismissed immediately.....

                  the fact that you have a problem with the term Guru is
                  simply a personal objection ..... as long as you are set
                  in that stance anything that is read will be read in the light
                  of your sarcasm ..... this has been brought to light over and
                  over again........

                  the coloring of that mindset spins everything that is said
                  from here as being invalidated due to your personal
                  objection to Guru versus other rather than seeing beyond
                  that dynamic to the Heart of what is being Shared......

                  Heart to Heart is beyond words - boxes - and slots of
                  names, identities , or other such quibbles in terminology....

                  try going to the Heart of the message and quit clinging to a
                  word on the sideline that becomes a big stumbling block
                  that gets tripped over ........

                  shanti om
                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                    wrote:
                    > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "G"
                    > <crystalkundalini@h.=
                    > > ..>
                    > > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > [snip]
                    >
                    > What is a Guru to Do ?   simply BE a living moving reality of the
                    > freedom called Realization.......
                    >
                    > shanti om
                    >
                    > > How does that make a guru different than anyone else?
                    >

                    > G: read the whole post ...... quit stopping at one word....

                    But wasn't the last statement a summation? Doesn't it
                    represent the essence of your message?

                    By being a living moving reality of the freedom called
                    Realization, how are you being different than anyone else?

                    Don't you think that's a fair question?

                    > when you see the word Guru all of the sudden the rest
                    > is glossed over and dismissed immediately.....

                    See above.

                    > the fact that you have a problem with the term Guru is
                    > simply a personal objection .....

                    It could be nothing else.

                    > as long as you are set
                    > in that stance anything that is read will be read in the light
                    > of your sarcasm .....

                    Gross projection noted. As much as your characterization
                    of me helps you to deal with my objections, there was nothing
                    sarcastic about my question. Honest.

                    You made a statement I asked you to clarify. I think it's
                    reasonable for people to expect their gurus to be able
                    to answer questions like this. It's up to the guru as to
                    whether to answer. You aren't my guru, but you've set
                    up a stand here, and so are in essence acting as a guru
                    for the list.

                    > this has been brought to light over and
                    > over again........

                    No, that is your contention, not a fact.

                    > the coloring of that mindset spins everything that is said
                    > from here as being invalidated due to your personal
                    > objection to Guru versus other rather than seeing beyond
                    > that dynamic to the Heart of what is being Shared......

                    I have no personal objection to Guru. I have many
                    objections to the social construct "guru."

                    > Heart to Heart is beyond words - boxes - and slots of
                    > names, identities , or other such quibbles in terminology....

                    Right. Outside the anteroom.

                    > try going to the Heart of the message and quit clinging to a
                    > word on the sideline that becomes a big stumbling block
                    > that gets tripped over ........

                    I'm not tripping, I'm just wanting to hear you
                    answer, or refuse to answer, my question.

                    > shanti om

                    --jody.
                  • Jason Fishman
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                      --- G <crystalkundalini@...> wrote:
                      > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                      >
                      > B: Because economic strife is not solved by this
                      > guru. Talking
                      > niceties of how great it all is to people who aren't
                      > in the mood
                      > would be avoided by a real sage.
                      > Love
                      > Bobby G.
                      >

                      > G: a *real* Sage is just that *Real*.... not moved
                      > by societal
                      > niceties or motives or false humility that
                      > thinks and rethinks
                      > before speaking ......

                      J: You are as real as they get, guru or totempole, it
                      has nothing todo with society, yet that is our
                      personal hindernence. Quite truthfully, you can only
                      do what you understand to be real or true, in and
                      about all societal beings. You mentioned that Gene
                      made a well thought out post in the anteroom, why is
                      it your still speaking like your not with us?

                      > this is a place and venue for meditation and
                      > the experiences
                      > and changes that happen due to it ...... so
                      > it is quite safe to
                      > say that if any are here and not in the mood
                      > then it is up to
                      > them Not to read the post.......

                      J: why is there obession for this groups lack of
                      discussion on meditation pratices. What anyone speaks
                      of is as reality as they know it to be, sounds like an
                      excellent practice in meditation to me.

                      > it is amazing to hear what a *real* sage or
                      > teacher would do
                      > or not do according to the subjective
                      > parameters of those
                      > that are in the midst of holding up some
                      > meter of
                      > Sage do's and don'ts.......

                      Jason: Still speaking to be above the crowd. How much
                      harder one does try to be more wise, more fruitful,
                      more intellegent to one to another.

                      > what a sage is - is that Truth which moves in
                      > a spontaneous
                      > manner that is correct in that moment......
                      > what needs to
                      > come forth does in the appropriate time and
                      > way......
                      > it might not be what one *wants* to hear but
                      > may be said in
                      > that moment to plant a seed that will grow
                      > later in a more
                      > harmonious moment.....
                      > judging the external actions and equating
                      > them with motives
                      > and agendas does not apply to Sages that have
                      > no agendas
                      > or internal motives and motivations ......
                      > they move spontaneously as a leaf
                      > blown by the winds of happenstance yet
                      > knowing the
                      > happenstance is within the vast harmony of
                      > nature
                      > unveiling..........
                      >
                      > judgements concerning the action or unaction
                      > of Sages
                      > should rather be focused on putting that
                      > energy in to
                      > Self Enquiry when all falls away then the
                      > actions concerning
                      > Sages will be known....... (that they are
                      > simply spontaneous
                      > and not calculated in any manner)
                      >
                      > shanti om

                      J: I suppose that in writting this there is no agenda
                      on your behalf... Well, other then what a sage does
                      and how they should appear to be recieved. What you
                      neglect to notice still, is yourself falling away.
                      Everyone has an agenda, everyone is spontanious, each
                      moment unfolds with no logical concept of what is to
                      occur, predefined or not. The *real* is not being
                      portrayed in your words, your to busy trying to prove
                      that you have something to offer, Those that seek such
                      wisdom get smoothered under your weighty expectations
                      of who you say they should or could be... given your
                      guidence, of course.

                      Peace and Love

                      http://search.yahoo.com