Mullah Nasrudin

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      In each of our classes, I usually tell a few Mullah Nasrudin Sufi
      teaching stories. They are understandable on many levels, and in
      keeping with my experience that the universe is not just Love, it is
      also Laughter/Funny/Amusing/Humorous, etc., I feel that there are few
      better ways to transmit the untransmittable. I've collected hundreds
      of them, and I'll be glad to share some every now and then. Please
      feel free to comment, share your understanding and insights, or at
      least just smile. Here's one picked at random (like everything else
      in our life):

      Nasrudin sets an appointment with a very important scholar and then
      commits the horrible sin of forgetting about it! The scholar arrives
      at his door, finds he has been stood up, grabs a piece of chalk,
      scribbles "Stupid Oaf!" on Nasrudin's gate, and returns home in a
      huff. Nasrudin, upon returning, sees the words and hastens to the
      scholar's house to apologize. "I'm so sorry I forgot about our
      appointment. Of course, I remembered as soon as I saw you had left
      your name on my door...